1. DAYTONA BEAUTY has not run for long, had won the last start at these weights only, the rider may e able to pull it off. GO WITH THE FLOW is the youngster who ran a fair 3rd and goes with a rookie to runaway from the word go. YARE is an aged horse who can run a forward race.
GO WITH THE FLOW X WIN or DAYTONA BEAUTY –Both ways.
2. BELFAGOUR definitely comes into contention based on last run, has a rookie to guide. POMMERY has the burden of penalty. GLORIOUS BOY has a rider switch, but has to contend with INDIAN BRIDE who always came out better in last season. MAUTHARMA is the shady one here.
BELFAGOUR-WIN. INDIAN BRIDE-Place
3. I will again go with TAKE A CHANCE who ran well enough last week. ASHWA PALLAVI has worked very well, has the rider for the job. AMITY is showing speed in tracks.
TAKE A CHANCE-WIN
4. SHUB SHUB has a load to carry, retains forward form. GIN AND TONIC is tracking very well and the rider has a chance. BUDDY BROTHERS has impressed the connections to fly in the jockey for a chance, the horse likes to win early, watch? Take a close look at how much ASHWA PRATAP has come down, I feel he is worth betting on today at low weights and with this rider.
ASHWA PRATAP-Both ways.
5. SONIC BOOM likes to win at a longer trip, has come down in scales. BLACK PARTRIDGE is capable of fighting out here. ASHWA PRABHA is pleasing in works. REAL SCOTCH is running too soon for comfort.
6. DESTINED PRINCE comes with good Pune form and will be expected to win. LITTLE MASTER is dry coated, may run well. KAMAKHAYA has been given runs, can do well now. DAZZLING LIGHT is at bottom weights.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:49 AM
1. The 2009-2010 season culminated with the last race held at Hyderabad on 25th of Oct. Racing activity sees a total break at all centres except for Delhi which has a most backward approach towards the sport due to reasons unknown. Apart from the plum events during the winter season, interest of race lovers will be on the juveniles who will be initiated in racing at all centres . In fact a couple of races for the juveniles have already taken place during the last few days of Pune season. The break of a few days provides us opportunity to have a look at the performance of the sires in the year gone by, specially with reference to the three year olds which is a pointer to the young stock of two years who will be initiated to the tracks in the coming winters. A good number of two year olds are already working in the morning tracks and would be active soon on the turf.
2. The early value of a juvenile race horse is primarily judged from the Sire’s potential and established record with the previous crops and his potential to produce classic/graded race winners. The focus remains on winners in the early part of the season as winners of maiden races can then on progress for the tougher competition and higher classification .Sires are known to provide early winners or precocious stock and are preferred for this important trait of theirs. The structure of racing in India provides for such early juvenile winners to pick up better stakes than when they race in handicap races. Hence a lot of attention is given to the Sires who perform well with offspring’s who come to hand quickly and promise more achievements in early stages of their career.
3. Let us now take a look at the performance of the sires for the three year olds during the gone by racing calendar. A total of 1497 live foals ( 56 are got abroads) were reported for the year 2007 by the stud Book Of India publication “Return Of The Mares” and due to various causes a small percentage of these did not race. Out of these about 125 foals from stud farms catering mainly for Chennai and Ooty racing centres from the 5 sires located in that zone ( ALWAYS A RAINBOW, FOYER, MAGISTRETTI, PREDAPPIO and STAR SUPREME ) are not being considered as coverage at these centres is not reported by media and the racing activity is insignificant there. In rest of the country about 365 of these three year olds (listed against their respective sires) have gone on to win races, a small percentage indeed.
4. A total of 142 sires have sired the crop of 2007 out of which 38 sires stood outside the country and the foals were got abroad. 53 resident and 18 standing abroad sires have got winners so far. For record sake as of date 122 registered sires are located in various stud farms and private yards.The details of the winning sires are discussed hereafter. The number of winners and the total produce are given in brackets. The black type winners are listed in capital letters . The number of wins of more than one race are given in brackets against the names respectively.
1. AJAAD (4/15)- Diamond Caves(2), Buggati (2), Alexander Square(2) and Super Gold(2).
2. ALNASR ALWASHEEK(15/38)- STRING ALONG(4), AWARDING(2), Rapture of Victory(4), Foreign Exchange , Sun Elegance, Andromaque, Ballibay, Smart Ways, Golden Quest, Blackjack(2) Elite Land, Running Sun, Alybro, Angel’s Pursuit, and Ashwa Prerna.
3. ANSBACH(2/7)- Laguinnas and Flying Majesty.
4. BEE’S PROSPECTOR (3/25)-Breaking Mould, Kryptonite and Energetic Girl(2).
5. BRAVE ACT (9/25)- Aztec Gold(2),Awesome Iindian (2), Princess Nero(4), Archer(2),Love Conquers All (2 ), Rezoom (2) Soviet Melody , Camorra and Crown Vision.
6. BURDEN OF PROOF(15/33)- APRILLIA(4), TSAVORITE(3), SIACHEN (2), Carla , Ciel Indianne, Bucethalis (3), Sweet Caroline(2),Eagle Claws (2), Supremacy (2), Abnoba (2), Corvette, Dutchess of York, Saddle Chief, and Clear Mandate.
7. CASE LAW(4/22)- Moheena, Winning Desire(2), Rasili and Fearless Mission.
8. CHINA VISIT(14/33)- MOONLIGHT ROMANCE (3), XISCA(3), Sunlight(3),Sky Train(2), Star of Roses(2), Saloni(2), The Leader, Sun Dancing, Perpetual Glory, Hillary, Born To Fly , Ocean Admiral , Star Invitation, Icon and Young Sapper.
9. CLASSIC TALE(1/2)-Dancing Blaze.
10. DANCING BEGGAR(3/9)- Jewel in The Crown (3), Aspire (3) and Regal View.
11. DIFFIDENT(20/40)- SUPERIOR QUEST (4), SCIONIC (2) , VIJAY MONARCH (2), Sunspirit (2), Serenity (2), Keringdinghan, Viva La Diva , Star Future (4) Ocean Wish (3), Hard Kingdom(2) The Darling Boy (2) Mark of Genius, Cuba Libre, Conquistarose, Ocean Legacy, Ocean Oddessey, Black Knight, Mystic Dawn, Spark of Napoleon and Ashwa Prahar
12. DON MICHELETTO(4/15-) MagicMillion, Don Valentine, Sun Dawn and Arcturus.
13. DUJA(6/19)-Chnatilly Jewel, Xavier, Lily, Persian Lily, Flashy Conquest and Part Time Lover.
14. EL JOHAR (7/25)- Must Be Magic(2), My Fair Lady(2), Chayanandan, Dazzle, Glengyle, Sterling Cruise and Ajayjeet.
15. EMERALD CAT (21/59)- SIRONO(2), MACCHUPICHU(2), Secret Love ,Make My Day, Spark of Desire(2),A Move To Remember(2),Spark Of Harmony(2), Titlist (2) Cationic(2) Sparkling cat(2), Illustrious(2), Roman Legion, Flash Of Emerald, Dance N Celebrate, Black Super Star, Delphi, Brutus, Emerald, One Cool Cat, Scarlet Knight and Emerald Valley.
16. EPICENTRE(13/39)- Jabel Queen(2), Rich Radiant(2), Airborn Magic(2), Daxia(2), Striking Gold(2), The Kohinoor(2), Drayton, Chief Justice, Crown Castle, Star Of Hyderabad, Indian Epic , Rose and Gabriel.
17. FLITCH (7/18) -Dancing Beauty (3), Armador (2), Flying Jewel (2), Alamara, Beautiful Life, Legendary Hero and Wild Ppower.
18. FOREST GAZZELE(1/7)- Silver Guest
19. FANTABULOUS KING (1/5 )- Gunpowder.
20. GASWAR (17/35)-IMMENSE(4), Kohinoor Wish(5),Astounding Gallop, Malabar Prince, Aloisia(3),Portatone (3), sunny’s Secret (2), Samsonite (2), You’re An Aeton, Deepanjali, Good Shot, Pluto Queen, Rocket Ball, Al Saraah, Mandira and Day Trader.
21. GLORY OF DANCER (13/34)–NAPOLEON(3),ELOISE(3),BEAUTIFUL STRANGER, AgentArchie, Batista(2),Aliyana(2), National Glory, Rigel, Dear Henry, Nessie, Glorious Invention and Elizabeth.
22. GREENSMITH (3/18)- Inspired Move(3), Aspring Star and Friendly Equation.
23. HAMMERSTEIN (3/15)- Classic Nymph, Pegasus Belle and Runjeet.
24. HURRICANE STATE –(10/44)-Con Artiste, Flying Tricolour(2), Ashleen State(2), Skyliner, Missoni, Stormy Red, Abroath, Cape Ferrat, Alisa and Foswell.
25. HYMN(7/31)-Kuchipudi (2), Commanding Heights(3), ,Zaracha(2), Master Blaster(2), Young Soldier(2), Antares and Askioz.
26. IKHTYAR(8/37)-Golden Queen(2), Berlusconi(2),Sky Diver(2), Carousal, Kilimanjaro, Petra, Walk Of Life, and Zoffany.
27. INHABITANT(8/28)- Rosemead(2),Petradura, Enchanted, Star Infinity,, Reinstate, Intizara , Sterling Silver and Jaldi.
28. INNER CITY (4/30)-Behram(3), Regal Classic(2), One Life To Live(2) and Perseverance.
29. INTERNATIONAL (3/11)- Happiness, The Himalayas, and Rising Rainbow.
30. ITAQUERE POWER (8/44)-Juno(2), Guiding Light(2) , Vijay Trishul (2),Sun Strikes(2) , Zoombastic, The Big Blast, Montedoro and Recharged.
31. JUNIPER (7/22)-Ice Mountain(2), Ashwa Panna (2), Spark Of Silver(2), Citrali(2), Stud Mufin, One For The Money and Deccan Pearl.
32. KLY GREEN (2/9)-First and Foremost (2) and True Future.
33. MAJOR IMPACT (7/23)-Bullet(2), Dance To The Tune(2), Aqualina, Crowned Princess, Lunar Quest, Sexy Eyes and Stormette.
34. MISCHEVIOUS MUSIC (6/13). My Tyson(3), Endurance(2), Island Rhythm(2),Pure Power, Its My Party and Star Of Desire.
35. MR MELLON (12/31)-Amoresque (3),Secret Fire(4) Zafayona (2), Keynote(2), Flower Of Music(2) , Oceanic Wind, Blue Mellon, Spanish Sahara, Sun Salvador, Proud Star, Oceanic Wisdom and Spark Of Galaxy.
36. MUDEER (2/10)-Dixie Bell(2) and Dimsum.
37. ONTARIO (19/60)- Ashwa Paarth (3), Rock It(2), Odds and Evens(2),Friendly Bond(2),Mystic Knight(2),Rio Grande(20, Star Of Killarney(2), Sun Control(2), Real Smasher(2), Arielle(2), Libery Ship, Star Experience, Sky Empress, Solid Gold, Ocean Power, Mystic Enchantress , Art Connoisseur and Queen Of Court.
38. PLACERVILLE (15/51) –HALL OF GLORY(4),MAGESTERIAL(2), Orient Glory(3), Ordained One(2), Record Breaker, Aryaveer (2),Dream Deal, Spark Of Atan, Ocean Emperor, Swift Star, Work Force, Star Of Venus, Heiress, Star Symphony and Samiel.
39. PENINE RIDGE (3/4 ) –Braavo(2),Yamas(2) and Hadrian.
40. PUERTO MADERO –(4/18)-Pathfinder(2), Sky Glider, Flame Back and Jaanvi.
41. RAMBUS (1/2)-Craven Cottage.
42. RAZEEN (9/22)-ALICE SPRINGS(3),Star Warrior(2),Star Empire(2),Power Colours(3), Avesco(2), Camacho, Sunstone, Athabasca Star and Sun Bird.
43. ROYAL GLADIATOR (10/32) –Deep Blue Sky, Methodical(3)Gift Of Love(2), Genius Empess (2), Red Passion(2), Royal Shaan, Tempus Fugit, Valahak, Moves Goodnight and Royal Prodigy.
44. ROYAL KINGDOM (7/25)- SU CHALIYO (2), SUN KINGDOM (3), Moon Star, Royal Highness(2), Starry Glow, Dante Rossti and Pallazio Grazzoli.
45. SERIOUS SPENDER (2/13)-Couleur Rouge(3) and Devil’s Advocate.
46. STEINBECK (1/3)-Nobel Glory.
47. STORM TROOPER (3/9)-Star Trainer(3),Laserre and Cascading Glory.
48. SENURE (10/23)-Ice Bound, Starrer, Debonnaire Girl, Khursaniyah, Xterme, Heat Haze, Banana Boy, Light My Way , Cest La Vie and Venus Rosewater.
49. SUSSEX (4/17)-Bala’s Glory(2), Fine Racer(2), Star Prospect(2) and Sure Speed .
50. TIROL (3/16)-Royal Saga(4),Elzaan (2) and Lambourn.
51. TEJANO (1/ 3)-Yas Marina(2).
52. WARRSHAN (8/27)-Fleet Commander(2), Bayberry(2), Unleashed (2) , Ocean Sonata, Moon Farer, Glorious Lady, Oasis Knight and Native Lady.
53. WHITE CROWN (1/9)-Mafia Chief.
SIRES WHO HAVE FAILED TO PROVIDE ANY WINNER
54. AVENGING ANGEL (1)
55. BLACK CASH (3)
56. BLUEGRASS PRINCE (4)
57. CONCORDIAL (10)
58. CONQUERING HERO (1)
59. DAHYAH (2)
60. DARK NILE (5)
61. ENRICO (1)
62. FACT FINDER (2)
63. FOREST FAIR (1)
64. JOHN BALLIOL (13)
65. JOINT ACCOUNT (3)
66. LIBOR (9)
67. MASTERMIND (1)
68. PROTÉGÉ (2)
69. REACH THE GOLD (1)
70. ROSMINI (3)
71. SAN FRANSISCO (7)
72. SIR BORDEAUX (2)
73. SIZZLING MELODY (11)
74. STAVROS (1)
75. VALID CONCEPT (1)
76. YOUNG SENOR (8)
(a) . DIFFIDENT has been the most well performed of the lot this year. In his eighth crop he continues to be precocious and versatile. Limitations of stamina is a factor which may deny top labels for his crop. He may get some speedy ones to perform like KERINGDINGAN or STAR FUTURE in shorter versions.
(b) PLACERVILLE and RAZEEN, the two top sires (Hall Of Fame Sires) during the last decade are both aging and the crops are on the decline. One needs to wait for the impressive MAGESTERIAL to come up trumps on the big scene. CAMACHO impressed a lot in his last win and can come up as he has staying abilities in abundance. STAR WARRIOR and STAR EMPIRE have not lived upto the initial promise.
(c) AL NASR ALWASHEEK (Hall Of Fame Sire) continues to be impressive and has stated to go up on the stud farms higher rated Placerville. STRING ALONG & BLACKJACK needs to be considered for progress.
(d) EMERALD CAT has emerged as the impressive sire, his produce is precocious and speedy. He is yet to produce a classic type, MACCHIPICHU is the one who has scope.
(e) BURDEN OF PROOF (Hall Of Fame Sire) has produced flock of winners but does not appear to have any serious classic contender, SIACHEN is a classic hopeful. CARLA, CLEAR MANDATE and EAGLE CLAWS are progressive in outlook.
(f) CHINA VISIT is consistent, has produced some useful off springs, MOONLIGHT ROMANCE is a good one.
(g) GASWAR has done very well in last couple of years. IMMENSE is on the up and KOHINOOR WISH is the most prolific winner so far. ASTOUNDING GALLOP is showing some promise.
(h) GLORY OF DANCER will be prominent in winters on hard surfaces, ELOISE and BEAUTIFUL STRANGER in top competition will do well. ELIZABETH is an impressive sprinter.
(i) IKHTYAR’S produce should be watched with interest, they are on the up, BERLUSCONI , PETRA and KILMINJARO should do well.
(j) ROYAL KINGDOM is another consistent one, SUN KINGDOM and PALLAZIO GRAZOLI have capabilities.
(k) MAJOR IMPACT, MR MELLON , SENURE and WARRSHAN will have there share of fine sprinters, they have limitations of stamina in their blood. STORMETTE, STARRER and KHURSANIYA are appealing.
(l) ONTARIO who has done very well in last few years does not have any outstanding runner this time though his share of winners in sprints will always be appreciable.
(m) STEINBECK (Hall Of Fame Sire) has aged and hardly gets to cover mares.
(n) The freshman sires of the last couple of years have been quite ordinary. The good one EMERALD CAT passed away early, EPICENTRE appears to be one who has a fair share of winners and belongs to a stud which has done very well at Hyderabad and the crop of this stallion appears to be following the trend. HURRICANE STATE has performed pathetically in monsoons, needs to be given time though I feel his crop will not get longer distances. INHABITANT has been pretty mediocre. ITAQUERE POWER and SUSSEX may get winners at lower centres like Delhi/ Kolkata etc.
FRESHMAN SIRES FOR THE YEAR 2010-11
(a). DANEHILL STAR By Danehill x Princess Tracy/Ahonoora has a ltd crop of 8 foals to make any impression in the first year. The sire has a strong male line being the grand son of NORTHERN DANCER and has the prolific sire of the sires DANEHILL .
(b). EUROPION by Nuryev x Cinnamon Rose / Trempolino looks quite ordinary in breeding. The racing performance is good and he has a small crop of 19.
©. IMTIYAZ by Woodman x Shadayid / shaded is a well bred and decently performed sire who comes to a top farm and should evoke a lot of interest as he is likely to replace STORM TROOPER who was quite average performer at a stud which is feeding racers at the prime racing centres. The sire has done well by winning over 1400-2100 metres and is a sturdy performer on the European race tracks.He has a reasonable crop of 21.
(d). MAMBO MINSTREL by Mr Prospector x Minstrella /The Minstrel has average credentials and belongs to a stud farm with ltd potential. He has 17 foals in first crop.
(e) . OATH by Fairy King x Sheer Audacity/Troy has already had two runners on the track due to early arrival of the foals. The sire is a stayer who won Epsom derby and had ltd success in stud duties at Japan. The sire looks good to me and like most other sons of the incomparable NORTHERN DANCER should be watched with lots of interest as he has a large crop also. Plus he is likely to get some well bred mares at the famous stud. The stud farm has shown faith in him as he has a large crop of 40 foals.
(f). QUEST STAR by Broad Brush x Tinac / Manila could not sustain the change and passed away after a short tenure at stud duties at the uncomfortable locales of Rajasthan. The sire was a versatile racer and a stayer to the core. The breeding is quite ordinary as there is nothing much from the grand sire side. He has 24 foals.
(g). REBUTTAL is by Mr Greeley x Reboot / Rubiano. In bred to Mr Prospector the grand son of the famous GONE WEST has a fairly large number (41) of foals. The performance of the sire is average and the first crop has its task cut out to prove themselves here.
(h). SUNDAY DOUBT by Sunday Silence x Pas De Response moved into a stud farm of repute which has been dogged with uncertainty due to loss of sires at regular intervals. The crop of late grand son of HALO should be of interest as he was from a very well established stout male line which has always been the main criteria of imports at this farm. The cross with GRAND DAM of Northern Dancer is very encouraging and may nick well with the available dams here.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:12 AM
1. FASCINATING MEMORY has been well prepared and has looked good in gates. He is well bred and can tackle the hopefuls here. The challenger looks likely to be AIR FORCE ONE who has been prepared and given an easy run. STEEL FORCE and INDIAN BRIDE may trouble the above two.
2. Take a chance on TAKE A CHANCE today. The horse likes to win early in season and has looked good in tracks, the last run was anticipatory. BEATRICE with the fine run last week will come into contention but she needs more distance to show her mettle. SOLITARY MAN and FOREST MUSIC may run on board.
TAKE A CHANCE-Both ways.
3. KOHINOOR EMPIRE has tracked well and has the top rider. The last run of CLASSIC SPIRIT was too bad to be true, I have a feeling this horse can win if ridden well up.
CLASSIC SPIRIT-Both ways
4. GOLDEN GUN has been tested and should fire well today. FIRST N IMPRESSION was a fluent winner who has the penalty to tackle. GAMATI was a poor runner last week, may have been on purpose. LITTLE CUT is a place hopeful, won due to the guile of the experienced rider last week.
GOLDEN GUN-WIN. FIRST N IMPRESSION-PLACE
5. A poor bunch of runners for the maximum distance, avoidable race. NONIOS will be bet upon due to the fine preparation and has a decent chance. BISMARK has won over this distance a few times but is going for a run. RED REEF is a well bred who has been spoilt by the previous trainer, the mock race was very encouraging. HUGE PRICE is tracking well.
6. OYSTER BLUE had won all the way at low weights, will try to repeat. BLACK PARTRIDGE has been given an easy run. SPLENDID MAN has been tracking very well, the rider has to show his worth to do well. SUDDEN IMPACT goes for 3rd run in 7 days and has penalty to deal with in addition.
EAT-OYSTER BLUE. SPLENDID MAN-Place.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:43 AM
1. SADDLER’S RULE has never won, the field is very ordinary now and he ran well last time. RHYTHM DIVINE can get on board. NURAI is the up setter. SPARKLER who placed last time is advantageously placed.
2. GLOWING STAR looks too good here despite having been beaten as a favorite last time. STAR SYMPHONY has no tracks in this month, has not run for long. HOTTIE is yet to get into smooth running rhythm, can not be backed. SWISS BELLE is the main challenger, the gates were encouraging.
3. ALIYANA won as a good thing and may repeat based on the timings etc. RED TABASCO was in hiding in last run. OCEAN POWER is a failed favorite, may run well. MYPETHONEY is speedy.
4. SEA RULER is the best performed, doubts about the current form. SCHOLAR with this rider can do it. Other two don’t impress.
5. CAMACHO is bred to stay, is the 13th off spring of the fine mare GOURGANDINE, may run well. OCEAN YARRMAN gave notice of improvement in last run. GAURI is bred to stay.
6. STAR TRAINER has tough handicap. ABSOLUTE REALITY will run a forward race. SAN RAFAEL may not be going over the correct trip. TELL ME MORE should down the favorite.
7. ARIANE has run with better types, has good form. STAR INVITATION won easily, can repeat. KALINGA STAR has an outside chance. PERFECT STRENGH ran well last time.
8. YOU’RE SO BEAUTIFUL has missed her chance last time. SPARK OF GOLD is best on handicap. CABRIOLET has scope to improve. CLARION CALL must be feeling his legs, ignore today.
9. MACCHIPICHU is a classic hopeful who can win despite the long absence. DICTATOR is in fine form. ILLUSTRIOUS impressed a lot in last win. BLAZING SPECTACLE is the dark un. MOON FARER has been tracked well.
10. FLASHING SWORD was a forward runner who will run well. FOXTROT has the jockey to deliver. TUSCAN SUN may place if he jumps out well.
FLASHING SWORD X FOXTROT-JODI
11. AQUALINA is capable of beating the lot , ignore poor runs in last few outings. NATIVE LADY and MARIGOLD are inter connected, the last run of later was encouraging. SOLAR ANGEL has worked very well. SAFFRON may upset.
EAT-JODI of NATIVE LADY X MARIGOLD
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:02 AM
1. EMERALD STAR was given a poor race last time, has worked well. The very well bred STAR GLORY was finishing on in last run and has potential to go extra distance. CULCREIFF is unreliable and may place.
2. A tricky race where AGHA has a chance to upset despite the age. CLOUD COVER should not stay.
3. WILD TORRANAADO is speedy and has the jockey for the job. If POLARISER breaks out well he will win. HIGHLAND WARRIOR and SILVER SOUL have a chance to place.
4. Both DANCING DAME and STAR BUILDER don't impress. The race should be between TYUMEN and GAME OF POWER.
5. MUSICAL RYTHM belongs to a very poor trainer, the horse can win. The upsetter could be BLAZING SPEED. HOUDINI should place on his consistency.
6. CONFISERIE and GRANADOS should fight out. SNOW QUEEN has a bad rider.
CONFISERIE X GRANADOS-JODI
7. SOLID ROCK is due to score as he has come down in class. AMARANZA may run well, has a good jockey. WELLS FARGO and BORN DESTINY can compete well.
8. THREE OF ARTS will be tried after the fine last run. BLADES OF GLORY looks good on handicap. TATTENHOE is due to score, the jockey is mediocre.
THREE OF ARTS--Both ways
9. The two fillies SVELTE LADY and VENUS ROSEWATER both impressed in last outings and should be fighting out. ASHWA PARVEZ and STAR VISION should be considered for place.
10. ARABIAN EMPIRE was a notable finisher in last run, the horse is still a maiden. INNER HARMONY has a decent chance. Ignore last run of CELTIC MANOR. ALOMAHORA is the upsetter.
ARABIAN EMPIRE -Bothways
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:20 AM
1. GAMATI is an aged mare who is speedy and has won 6 sprints in life, can run well under the fly in mediocre jockey. GO WITH THE FLOW has been given the maximum tracks of all horses in the last three months, however the horse looks likely to go for an airing under the rookie, the sly trainer will try him under a stronger jockey. GREEN RIBBON is the speedy one who has a handicap jockey with some experience, the horse runs best when fresh. YARE is an aged horse who is a winner of 8 races, has come down a lot.
2. GLORIOUS BOY and HANSRAJ both ran 5th on opening day after a lot of preparation and they both can do well now. The later was the failed favorite who has chance to redeem. LITTLE CUT had won in poor company at the end of season and has handicap against repeat. ASHWA SABBAL with a rookie is better placed here.
ASHWA SABBAL-Place. EAT/AVOID-LITTLE CUT
3. SHUBH SHUBH is a top class sprinter who looks good despite the top weight. QUALITY ASSURANCE needs more distance. RED CAT did not win all through the last season, has come down. AFEA ran well towards the end of season and has an outside chance to do well. OEF TOBA at bottom weight should be leading up front with intentions to run away, has tracked speedily.
SHUBH SHUBH-WIN. OEF TOUBA-PLACE
4. JEWEL STAR ran a distant 3rd, may improve. SUDDEN IMPACT lost in a close finish, had saddle problems. DIVINE GRACE looks better placed than AMITY. She is definitely better than REAL SCOTCH.
DIVINE GRACE-WIN . PLACE-SUDDEN IMPACT
5. KING’S CHALLENGE has worked well, the rookie is a worry. BLACK PARTRIDGE is an early bird and will do well . Keep an eye on GOLDEN GUN who had won a good gamble at the end of the season with his rider, the horse is maintaining form to worry all. OYSTER BLUE at low weights has a decent chance, the horse had disappointed on relocation from the western circuit.
BLACK PARTRIDGE---Both ways. Eat-KING’S CHALLENGE if favorite.
6. KIANA is by the top class mare TIANA and has tracked well. It was a decent 2nd to a good youngster ASHWA PANNA at the end of the season and can win for the betting stables. You may not get decent odds. The main challenger is likely to be KEMROCK who has spent the last season in wilderness. The horse has been well prepared and the presence of Marshall may be for a coup here. The rest of the bunch look pedestrian and FIRECRACKER is the one who may run a forward race Avoid ADDICTION who is unreliable.
KIANA-WIN. Fancy Bet--KEMROCK
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:14 AM
Racing activity gets underway at the capital after the longest break of nearly six months. The reasons were the wet conditions due to heavy rains, poor management by the authorities in the race club management and then the security of the area for the recent CWG games. Very little effort has been made to improve the conditions at the race course and there doesn’t appear any freshness about anything in the surroundings. My heart goes out to the owners and the concerned persons who still continue to patronize the least liked racing centre in the country.
As far as racing is concerned a few changes may be seen in this season, the reigning champion trainer for many years A Khan has got his work cut out and has to have all the luck with him to retain the spot, many well breds have unfortunately died in his yards and that is not a good omen. His main strength, jockey Rajinder is carrying a noticeable pot belly and has the looks of about to retire professional.
The induction of many newly trained apprentice jockeys in almost all the stables is likely to make things interesting as a few of them will start to make their allowances count and some will be duds who will work as riding boys mostly.
Tipping for the days races looks hazardous as the very long break is definitely going to show handicappers in poor light, yet an honest attempt is being made out of sheer habit.
1. KATMAI has been tracking well and can run prominent here. POWER HOUSE carries a penalty for the win in the last stages of previous season, the latest work was promising. ABSOLUT needs more distance. HANSRAJ has impressed in works, has a rookie. SAM ALDO who has trained well will contest the issue with the experienced rider. JEWEL HUNT is coming to hand. POMMERY is a speedy one at low weights.
HANSRAJ-Both ways or SAM ALDO-Place
2. SINGH IS KING has been very regular on tracks and is in fit condition. GENIOUS BOY impressed in gates and is showing lots of promise. FIRST N IMPRESSION who runs very keen in first run should score as he has worked very well. GREEN SEALS is notable in tracks and may run well.
FIRST N IMPRESSION-Both ways
3. DAZZLE is a speedy one , the aging jockey will try to run away but looks tough to me. BEACH RAIN may need a bit more of distance, can do well. BEATRICE has worked well but is not a sprinting type. CLASS N MYSTIC has caught the eye in tracks and will be in contention here.
CLASS N MYSTIC and BEACH RAIN-Both ways
4. JEWEL STAR has been fluent in tracks. FOREST MUSIC has been working well, the gates were good. LILY is the speedy youngster who all have to catch, the jockey is the only issue. CLASSIC SPIRIT is the one with best chance to get in if the rookie on LILY falters. SUDDEN IMPACT looks improved from the tracks.
CLASSIC SPIRIT- Both ways
5. SONIC BOOM has tracked well. BLUE LAGOON is well prepared, the trip suits. ZABARDAST looks good on handicap, has to beat the younger ones. PACEMAKER has a good jockey. CHEVRON has impressed in works, can upset. TAKE A CHANCE has been steadily prepared. MASTER BLASTER has his task cut out, the penalty is tough.
ZABARDAST x BLUE LAGOON-JODI, or Eat ---MASTER BLASTER
6. RESILIENCE has worked well. SPARKLING GOLD looks the best bet from the champion stable to strike on day one, has tracked pleasingly. NONIOS is good in tracks. AIR FORCE ONE is tracking well, looks better than ZINGARO.JOHNY BRAVO is the odd one to spoil the party of the favored ones.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:59 AM
1. ENCHANTED looked good in last run but the slow get away was the reason for defeat, has a fight on hand. DOUBLE DELITE has come down to striking level and should win under this improving allowance jockey. RED CLOUD has not been able to do anything this season, he had won in higher class under this jockey before.
DOUBLE DELITE-WIN. JODI –ENCHANTED X DOUBLE DELITE
2. OCEAN SONATA has been given a couple of mocks, has the stable jockey and faces poor company, he will be fancied but may not make it. CORGITO ERGO SUM has been trained well, is being ridden by the favorite jockey of this breeder cum owner, has potential to win. The competition will emerge from SWOOSH who is being ridden by the champion jockey, the filly was a noticeable late finisher and will run different now.
CORGITO ERGO SUM-WIN. Swoosh—place
3. STARRY OCEAN is a well bred who finished in money last time and should be in reckoning now. AVON CREK is a mediocre bred who has been given non try runs so far, will be tried with the retainer jockey now and looks good for place. My choice to win is HONEYBEE who has come down in scales and ran well last time, unfortunately the trainer is most unreliable type.
4. CROWNED PRINCESS has been in consistent form, can win in this set. The late to come to hand and the very well bred full brother to ARTS , STAR GLORY has tracked pleasingly and should go all the way. MONARCHOS has been given runs and the jockey switch may see it run on board. PAPER KING needs a bit of distance to run well.
5. CAPE FERRET looks too good after the fine 2nd to the too speedy RED PASSION. The only competitor is HIGH SOCIETY who is looking good in works. STAR CRAFT will run a forward race as the others are hopelessly placed.
DAYS BEST====CAPE FERRET. PLACE—HIGH SOCIETY
6. EMERALD VALLEY and MARIA TERRESA have the looks of top contenders for this sprint, the later was most impressive in first run of career and should be able to put it across. FALLEN ANGEL has been given easy and non try runs.
JODI—MARIA TERESSA X EMERALD VALLEY
7. BLACK MAGIC WOMAN is well bred and is showing plenty of speed to overawe the other runners. CLASS APART is by a speedy sire from a decent mare and has potential to do well. GOSSIP is from a black type mare and is tracking fast. The outsider is speedily bred SAN FLAIL who can get on board if tried.
BLACK MAGIC WOMAN—WIN
8. RAJASTHAN ROYALS is maintaining form, should be in the fight with the retiring jockey on top. SUNSET BOULEVARD may be given an easy run like some of the wards of this trainer, the horse is returning from injury and needs to be watched in this run. STARRER is the best on form and handicap, has tracked pleasingly. SAN RAFAEL is a speedy one with a hapless rookie.STEELY DAN is looking for fitness.
AVOID – SUNSET BOULEVARD. STARRER –WIN
9. JALSA was given a curious ride, can win if intent is there. Last run of TORCELLO was below par. VICTOR IVANOV and GOLDEN ORRA from the older lot look threatening to the hopeful lot.
JALSA –WIN. GOLDEN ORRA –PLACE
10. MASEEHA looks best on handicap and preparation. Last year he got beaten by HIGHLAND CROWN who was receiving chucks of weight. CLARION CALL looks to be the main threat.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:24 AM
The delay is attributed to failure of SPECTRANET connection at GURGAON.Please pardon.
1. EQUALITY has a chance to win at good odds, POUND FOOLISH looks good for place.
2. ROYAL PORTHCAWL is appealing on haNDICAP, is he stays he can beat the younger SAMIEL. KRUG is the upsetter.
3. ALBURZ may be fancied on rider switch, has potential. Make a note of rider switch on ITS PEARLOFRACING at low weights. ASHWA PRAHAR should place.
4. MANITOU SPLENDOUR is the one to beat here as he is fine form. Lagad's PRINCE OF TROY should be in reckoning.
5. NEFYN is at a dangerous top weight and despite the hype and top condition has to tackle the speed of HIGHLAND MUSIC.
6. RAIDER'S SUN is the best bred but has won in very poor company. All have to beat FLYING JEWEL who is working well. BARBARA despite a poor jockey has a decent chance.
7. BLACKJACK won very well and looks classic material. CIEL INDIENNE is best performed. SCARLETTE is by a speedy sire and has the weight advantage.
8. STAR EMPIRE at low weights should win from the 5 year olds like BELLIGERENT . DIVINE was given a poor ride on purpose last time.
9. HILLARY had thrashed the field in Bangalore and is a good type, should win easily. MAGER WAGER shoud be a good place bet.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:15 PM
1. MR SUNRISE is showing speed in tracks, has handicap in favor. STAMPEDE is in good nick, the 8 year is still zestful. JERICHO won under a rookie, has penalty to bother about. ROYAL VIEW is tracking well. ROMANTIC DESIGN could not deliver despite the urging, has a chance again.
MR SUNRISE-ROMANTIC DESIGN-JERICHO
2. SON OF THE SUN has a good jockey. JEYEM is showing fast works. CUTE ANGEL impressed in mocks, has won once before. LOOKING TO LUCK is tracking well.
CUTE ANGEL-SON OF THE SUN-JEYEM
3. JOHN GALT is coming to hand, is due to earn. VOICE OF INDIA has the fly in jockey for the gambling stable, may pull it off as the horse has won at this handicap before. ALCHESAYE is unreliable, may run well. SEASON’S GREETINGS is a failed favorite.
VOICE OF INDIA-SEASON’S GREETINGS-JOHNGALT
4. MOOVES GOOD ENOUGH has top weight to carry, looks very tough. ENDURANCE won well without much support and can repeat. TAKE MY WORD was a surprise winner in a smart group, should be watched again. DEL GRATIA may run on board. ALL RISE was a very impressive winner.
GURUJOSH ran well in last outing.
ENDURANCE- -MOOVES GOOD ENOUGH-GURUJOSH
5. SWEET SURRENDER is looking to repeat with the same rookie. WILD TEMPER has been tracking well and is due for a win. FANTABULOUS PRINCE hates to cross the leader in any race, has a good rider. NOBEL BREEZE who is tracing well has a double class jump.
WILD TEMPER-NOBEL BREEZE-FANTABULOUS PRINCE
6. REGAL RANSOM won warding off, looks tough for repeat. SUPERIOR SURPRISE has come down a lot. LESTER can build on the last half hearted effort. TURF RADER is at low weights, may place. REDSHIFT has no form or tracks.
LESTER-REGAL RANSOM-TURF RAIDER
7. BALTHAZAR is long due for a win, the trainer is waiting with him. CLASSICAL DANCER is in forward form. JOIN THE PARTY has come down to the striking handicap, can win if ridden hard up front. SUNNY BABA has tracked well, should be fighting out. DANGER DIABOLIC jumped out well in mocks and gates, may surprise. NERMAI has a near chance.
JOIN THE PARTY-BALTHAZAR-NERMAI
8. TOMSK is best on handicap, only the distance may be halting for him. BLINK is a game stayer who has run some forward races. GERSHWIN is hiding true form on purpose. STAR ASSEMBLY is much improved, may run well. OBAN can do well if he stays.
9. SMART WAYS has a tough handicap, may place. BUGGATI has been tracking well. METHODICAL is a speedy customer who is looking for a hat trick. SOVIET MELODY warmed up to beat the hopefuls in last race.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:42 AM
1. SOCIAL CLIMBER has won at these weights over the same trip before, the good rider has a chance. BATON ROUGE has a stronger rider after an all the way win with a rookie. RIP VAN WINKLE is a well bred who is suddenly looking good in tracks, can win. STAR GLEAM has an outside chance.
RIP VAN WINKLE-SOCIAL CLIMBER-BATON ROUGE
2. BULLISH LUCK has come up in handicap due to his consistent placing in each run. WAR HEAD was a forward runner in better company. RUBELLITE has beaten AFRICAN SKY before, looks better even now. AFRICAN SKY won all the way, can tackle the extra distance.
RUBELITTE-AFRICAN SKY-WAR HEAD
3. GANBIT was a faraway 2nd, the rookie has a chance to place again. HAPPINESS is in fine form. SCARLET KNIGHT is a failed favorite, can win. TRIBAL QUEEN has a chance here based on better weights.
SCARLET KNIGHT-TRIBAL QUEEN-HAPPINESS
4. NEEDOFTHEHOUR is tracking well, last run was good. INDIAN BOLT is the youngster who is impressing in tracks, belongs to shady owners. PRINCE NERO may be taking it easy today. CHAMPION’S LEAGUE has a rider switch, has come down in scales. TIME FOR ALL is working well.
NEED OF THE HOUR-INDIAN BOLT-TIME FOR ALL
5. BRAAVO is modestly bred, the tracks are very suggestive. TEMPUS FUGIT is a capable horse who is tracking well, the jockey is average. CARLA is a failed favorite, she is burning the tracks but belongs to a dangerous combination of the trainer and rider who often let down at cramped odds.
6. DEFIANCE is a failed favorite, the rookie does not impress. VEDA PRIYA has a handicap chance. VODOO MOON has a strong jockey. MR AMBASSADOR lost a hard fought race, can redeem. LAD ZONE can win provided he jumps out well.
7. PROWL KING is in fine form. FAUSTIAN has been prepared and given a run. RAGING RIVER was a faraway 2nd, may run well. SMILE AGAIN can reverse the last bad run. DIVA looks improved, last run was better.
8. SUN DEVICE has gate problems, may jump well to race for money. VERNOSTONUS was a fighting 3rd, can win now. INTIFADA is unreliable, maybe hiding true potential, can surprise. BLACK SUPER STAR was a notable runner, the jockey is riding after a long time. ALLEGRO will again attract attention, has won only once in his career.
DOUBLE--------- SCARLET KNIGHT X MR AMBASSADOR
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:59 AM
1. TAPISFLY has a decent chance to build on last good run. WALK OF LIFE drifted out and took a lot of wagered money of the connections down the drain, still has a chance. DAUGHTED OF DESTINY may run on board. ITSDAWNOFRACING placed for first time and has capacity to upset. Forget about M Narredu on well bred RAZMADEN who is a bleeder.
WALK OF LIFE-TAPISFLY-DAUGHTER OF DESTINY
2. LAGO MEDIO is improved, can run a good race. SEA VALUE gores over pet distance, has a decent chance. SUPERIOR QUEST has handicap against repeat performance. RIVER STAR is speedy, has won well with this rider before.
RIVER STAR-LAGO MEDIO-SUPERIOR QUEST
3. WEIZHOU was given a loosing rider, may be on purpose, needs to be given another chance as the rider is repeating. HARMONICA is in good form, has handicap to beat. EQUIDAE looks improved. MOONFLOWER is the dark'un here, has an upset chance. MIGHTY CRUSADER is not well placed on handicap.
WEIZHOU-MOON FLOWER-MIGHTY CRUSADER
4. GRANADOS is a well bred who won over a trip on initiation, can repeat. MIA STELLA is the best bred who is looking for a hat trick. FROST FAIRY goes over an extended trip, may not stay. PRINCE BRIJENDRA has a handicap chance to do well.
GRANADOS-PRINCE BRIJENDRA-MIA STELLA
5. ASHWA PARWEZ ran well last time and has a chance to fight out. ASHWA PRERNA is the other one from the stable to confuse the issue. ELIZABETH is a good type who stands tall here. SWEAT BETTY appears to be the closest challenger who is very fats in tracks.
ELIZABETH-SWEAT BETTY-ASHWA PARWEZ
6. KHURASINYA is very speedy, the rookie has a chance to fight out. AQUALINA is best on handicap, ignore last deliberate easy run. OCEAN ODDESEY is showing out in tracks, can repeat. RED PASSION was an impressive winner with the in form rookie. CAPE FERRET from the fail sire has a handicap chance.
AQUALINA-CAPE FERRET-OCEAN ODDESSEY
7. BIONCONI with two wins is the long shot on pure breeding. LIGHT MY WAY showed lots of improvement in last win. OCEAN AND BEYOND appears improved from the fine track performance, has the breeding to stay the trip.STAR WARRIOR has flopped both times, may not stay.ELOISE has to show improvement to win again.ZAFAYONA is a good stayer who impresed in last win.
OCEAN AND BEYOND-ELOISE-LIGHT MY WAY
8. FOREST FLAIR should like the firm going now, did not like the wet conditions in early season, has beaten them all comprehensively before. ARTS is maintaining form, the rider has a tough ask. EL TROPICO has come up very fast, may not sustain in this company.PORT RUSH is still in with a chance, has to fight out. VIOLETTA has been badly handled by entrusting to 2nd rate jockeys, the intent of trainer is not clear, the horse can sprint well.
FOREST FLAIR-VIOLETTA-EL TROPICO
9. STAR TRAINER won fighting out, has to beat the penalty. SHOWSTOPPER won both races going away, the distance may get to her now. SEA SHOWER is maintaining good form. AMORESQUE has tracked well and can win if intent os there. ANCIENT WONDER is showing out in tracks, needs a run.
AMORESQUE-ANCIENT WONDER-SHOW STOPPER
10. OCEAN LEGACY won as a good thing, should repeatas the tracks are good. GLORIOUS MISS bled last time. PERSIAN LILY was given a loosing ride, will be ON today. ABER DOVEY is unreliable. NOU CAMP may place.
OCEAN LEGACY-PERSIAN LILY-ABERDOVEY
DOUBLE-------OCEAN AND BEYOND X FOREST FLAIR
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:32 AM
1. ALOHAMORA has come down a lot, this horse can beat this mediocre lot if the intent is there, the last finish was suggestive. ASHWA PRAHAR can not be expected to win with all the penalties in last few runs. ARABIAN EMPIRE is tracking well. SECRET TALK ran below par last time, may be fancied. THE REBEL has a try rider who finished on well with him in last run. BRAVE GUN went wide as a favorite, despite the mock race and the low weight this maiden can not be fancied.
ALOHAMORA-BRAVE GUN-THE REBEL
2. MESMERIZER is full brother to MAJESTICAL, he has been well prepared and given a run, the latest tracks are good. SCINTILLO is working well, may run for place. CAROUSAL is full brother to BRUCKNER and should improve on the last effort, the rider has become an enigma, doesn't finish well. STARDOM BOUND is tracking well.
3. DOI MOI was given a bad ride, this rider has been on and off in his career, the handicap favors today. GO GUZZI GO may improve. LIVING THE DREAM impressed in last win, has the best rider.
DOI MOI-LIVING THE DREAM
4. TRUE ELEGANCE has a keen rider, the field is half dead. ENCHANTED LOOKS VERY GOOD ON HANDICAP, BUT WHAT CAN A PUNTER DO WITH THE CHOICE OF THE JOCKEY WHO IS GOING TO RACE AFTER A LONG TIME AND IS NOT LIKELY TO GET A WINNER STRAIGHT AWAY. EMERALD QUEEN is bred for speed, can upset. AURARIA has been scrubbed in works. Ignore last run of HOUDINI, the rider is repeating and there may be something in it.
5. SEXY EYES won well and has scope to improve. EYE OF THE STORM is in fine form, has the rider to do well. PRINCE CYRUS is a place hopeful. MICHELE MERCEI has been steadily prepared, the tracks are very indicative and this sister to ESTONIA can deliver with the controversial fly in jockey.
MICHELE MERCEI- SEXY EYES-EYE OF THE STORM
6. POLARISER remains a threat to upset. BULLET lost due to the tight handicap as a heavily backed favorite, should be backed again. CREME DE LA CREME can trouble on a good getaway. TITLIEST has a retiring jockey who is not forceful in his rides. SCENIC SILVER was a close looser who has the allowance jockey to fight for finish.
BULLET-SCENIC SILVER-CREME DE LA CREME
7. OCEAN WISH has a better jockey, is equally well bred and has beaten both hopeful opponents before, should be backed again. SERENITY is excelling in tracks, will fight out. ANGEL'S PURSUIT has been scrubbed in works. STAR OF VENUS should improve on last STF effort.
OCEAN WISH-SERENITY-ANGEL'S PURSUIT
8. ABSOLUTE REALITY has the jockey who won on this one before at this distance. APPALINA ran above level last time, may have improved. NATIONAL IKON was an easy 2nd, wide for most of the way, watch? PROUD STAR has a chance , the trip may be a bother. STARRY GLOW has been prepared well after the last run, the jockey is the dilemma. OCEAN TERN is well bred who may benefit from the mock race and the try jockey.
ABSOLUTE REALITY-STARRY GLOW-NATIONAL IKON
9. BORN SPECIAL belongs to an awful trainer, last few runs were below par, may be on purpose. GOLDEN KINGDOM may place due to the jockey’s capabilities. SAUVE MENTE is unreliable, nearly won in a similar group in last to last run. SHODAAN has a handicap chance, no works. GATRAVAT is another one who is tracking, the trainer has never been near a winner for ages, may be he has trudge for applause today as the field is very open for this one to deliver an overdue coup. CULCREIFF will be in reckoning, ignore last run.
10. TEASE ME may place, has a handicap chance. STARRY OCEAN can run well, the field is poor. SET A FIRE is by a good sire, has tracked well and the aging rider looks to be at home on this one. TORCELLO has not liver up to his breeding, has an outside chance. DANCING MONEY has delivered twice this season, may place.
SET AFIRE-TORCELLO-STARRY OCEAN
DOUBLE-----------DOI MOI X SET AFIRE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:25 AM
1. LAND OF GOLD can be considered on the last good run, the rider is weak. I WANNA DANCE was an easy 4th, has better capabilities, now that the trainer has won yesterday after a long rest, the horse can be fancied. ENDURING BEAUTY has run with better types, may need this run. PRINCE NORBERT is still a maiden, keeps being on the fringes.
I WANNA DANCE-LAND OF GOLD-ENDURING BEAUTY
2. ROSE OF TEXAS was a notable 2nd in last run. BLACK KNIGHT is showing out in tracks, this bred for speed colt has been kept under wraps for a coup. TRAFALGAR SQUARE is a place hopeful. THE ROLLS goes at bottom weights to build on last 4th.
BLACK KNIGHT-ROSE OF TEXAS-THE ROLLS
3. CUTE STYLE could not win last time, has a stronger rider at top weight. REFRESH has won in higher class before, has tracked well. SHE’S FOR CASH is due for a win, has a rider who may perform. MARIANELLA is down in scales and can win on backing.MUDEER POWER is the dark one here who is due to score.
MARIANELLA-SHE’S FOR CASH-MUDEER POWER
4. EDMONDO has tracked impressively, he is capable of carrying weight, the rookie is on the up. LOOKING TO LEAD is a consistent runner who can place here. PHOENIX REACH has come down to the mark where he had won last year, the stable is being positive lately and this one can score. KAPATHOS is a failed favorite. SPANDAU BALLET has been well prepared , may need a bit more of distance.
PHOENIX REACH-EDMONDO-LOOKING TO LEAD
5. KYLES OF BUTE is a fine sprinter who is tracking well. CELESTIAL WAY appeals on his preparation, age and the beating of SPRINT STAR in last race. DIAMOND HUNTER is another one who beat SPRINT STAR easily and maintains form, has a strong rider. BHAGIRATHI is a speedy customer who has run close in some big races.
CELESTIAL WAY-DIAMOND HUNTER-KYLES OF BUTE
6. ARABIAN SPEED is an aged horse who is showing zest in works. FREE SPIRIT has tracked well after last run. LANCASHIRE is due for an effort. CHRONICLE is showing out in works, the last win at Bangalore was easy and a repeat is on cards. PRECEPT can run well if he does not veer out at the bend.
CHRONICLE-FREE SPIRIT-ARABIAN SPEED
7. EVERYDAY SUNDAY has a strong rider and this brother to BRIGADE’S PRIDE can go all the way. HAMSAFAR has been tenderly handled by the jockey in earlier runs, has a good chance if the rookie goes up front. SMART EDITION may fight for place. BEAUTIFUL LIFE has impressed in gates, can win on a clean jump out.
HAMSAFAR-EVERYDAY SUNDAY-BEAUTIFUL LIFE
DOUBLE-------BLACK KNIGHT X CELESTIAL WAY
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:56 AM
1. A lowest class race with many non performers. JAANVI has been showing speed in tracks and will attract a lot of money based on her good breeding and preparation, the trainer is unreliable. NON STOP CANNON and ZOOMING are the only two here who have won before. ZOOMING is tracking fast and should be the one to beat. SPLASH OF BEAUTY is down in scales.
JAANVI-ZOOMING-NON STOP CANNON
2. TRUE FORCE is a true miler and has a chance today as the field comprises of many non stayers. BULLISH LUCK has been in money in all the runs. ARABIAN MEMORIES has been well prepared, ideal trip would have been 1400m. SAPTASHWA and ALCHESAYE are out of form.
TRUE FORCE-ARABIAN MEMORIES-BULLISH LUCK
3. WAR HEAD is maintaining form. SPLENDID CAT warmed up to win over a sprint, may get the extra yards. REGENT’S PARK has been braught down and is due to score soon. THE DARLING BOY showed improvement in last win, has capability to repeat.
THE DARLING BOY-SPARKLING CAT-WAR HEAD
4. SAVVY CONCEPT ran miserably in last run , could have been intentional on part of the connections, this rider may do the trick. HAGGLER is one paced, may run well. SPARK OF OLDENBURG is unreliable and running too soon. ADMIRANDA has the jockey to deliver if backed down by the scheming trainer.
5. ANGEL FIRE has tracked well under this rookie, can go all the way. RED DAWN is maintaining form. READY TO MINGLE was an impressive winner who will look to repeat. BEAU MONDE can run a forward race. SUPERB STYLE has a weak jockey.
ANGEL FIRE-READY TO MINGLE-SUPERB STYLE
6. COUNT ROYAL has been a costly flop. FOSWELL is a roarer, has been prepared on the tracks. ELITE LAND has been beaten comprehensively by ANNA before. The last named was given an easy run last time, should beat this lot easily.
7. HEAT HAZE won in a very poor field, maintains form. DEVIL GRANDMA may run for money, the rider is forceful. MYSTIC ENCHANTRESS is a well bred who is well rested, may spoil the favorite’s party. MARK OF GENIUS comes into reckoning based on the last run.
MYSTIC ENCHANTRESS-HEAT HAZE-MARK OF GENIUS
DOUBLE---------JAANVI X SAVVY CONCEPT
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:00 AM
1. ENDURING SPEED has run encouragingly in higher class and looks good on demotion. STAR LEAGUE is still a maiden , can place. STAR GLEAM impressed in gates. AAJ TAK from a lowly yard finished on well in last run.
ENDURING SPEED-STAR GLEAM-AAJ TAK
2. BLOOD STREAM has tracked well, may have come to hand. STAMPEDE is an aged who is tracking fast. SEASON'S GREETINGS with an ordinary rider has a handicap chance.BRIANNSTA comes into reckoning based on last run. ALEJANDROS may place.
BRIANNSTA-SEASON'S GREETINGS-BLOOD STREAM
3. LIVE IT UP has a good jockey, the company is tough. ENDURING STAR is down in class, has tracked well. OBAN goes over pet trip with a rookie. SUPER SPEAR had won easily in a made up race, looks tough for even place. THE LAST SAMMURAI is knocking for a win, has been prepared well.
THE LAST SAMMURAI-OBAN-ENDURING STAR
4. DANCE TO THE TUNE is much improved , should defy the handicap. GOLDEN QUEST has been tracked well. CAMMORA impressed in mocks, has looked good in trials. SUN DAWN finished on last time, may place. SPARK OF DESIRE who is a tail swisher warmed up very late to hit the finish strongly, may repeat.
SPARK OF DESIRE-DANCE TO THE TUNE-CAMMORA
5. SHER DIL won well and has the rdier for repeat. WORLD IS TOO MUCH is tracking well. RUBY LEGEND may place again, looks very tough for win. VODOO MOON can upset, has handicap at suggestive level.
VODOO MOON-SHER DIL-WORLD IS TOO MUCH
6. ASTOUNDING GALLOP is showing out in trials. IMMENSE is the good winner of GOLCONDA 2000 Guineas, should fight out. ORDAINED ONE has improved a lot, last effort was noteworthy. SUN KINGDOM is the best of all and has been well prepared by Mrs Silva.
SUN KINGDOM-ORDAINED ONE-IMMENSE
7. FLEETING SPIRIT was a close 3rd to JALDI, has a poor field today. INTIFADA is unreliable. LIBERTY SHIP has slid down the scales and has weights in favor. ANOTHER VOICE looks improved after the last run.
FLEETING SPIRIT-LIBERTY SHIP-ANOTHER VOICE
8. TIROLINO won against the game plan, has a poor jockey npw. SPARK OF NAPOLEON has been showing zest for long on the tracks. GOOD GIFT won well and should be fancied with the good allowance jockey. ATTATURK has been given easy runs.
SPARK OF NAPOLEON-GOOD GIFT-ATTATURK
DAYS BEST====SUN KINGDOM
DOUBLE=======ENDURING SPEED X THE LAST SAMMURAI
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:05 PM
1. MARATHA CONQUEROR has come to form after last run and should be fancied. AMAZING FLORA is down in class, has worked well. PROWL KING had won all the way, has an allowance jockey now. DIVA is down at rock bottom and has to start earning soon.
MARATHA CONQUEROR-DIVA-AMAZING FLORA
2. CLEAR MANDATE was given a loosing ride as the odds were not suiting the connections, looks too good even today. HAPPINESS won as a good thing and should be in a bid to repeat if the favorite falters. SMART EXOTIC has worked well for the maiden run. RISING RAINBOW is tracking well. BORN TO PERFORM ran below par last time.
CLEAR MANDATE-HAPPINESS-SMART EXOTIC
3. GAMBIT is a horse gone bad , is tracking fast. APPROACH has the top jockey but looks out of handicap, the tracks are fine. ALL RISE looks at a good handicap, the trainer's horses win only at suitable odds. WAY TO FANTASY may run well. TRILLION WIN has been given a run, should be tried now.
ALL RISE-APPROACH-TRILLION WIN
4. YAMAS has tracked well, has the good fly in jockey. RISING QUEEN got collared on the post, has a chance. BOLD SUCCESS will look to earn money again. ATOMIC QUEEN belongs to dubious owner and a poor trainer, last time the jockey had made money for them by balatantly pulling the horse, can not be fancied.
YAMAS-RISING QUEEN-BOLD SUCCESS
5. LOWNDES SQUARE is down in class, has beaten better opponenets before. GRAND TOPAZ is maintaing form. CHINTZ has a coming up jockey, the horse is a keen type. LAD'S GLADIATOR has been pulled in one of the runs, has an out of form jockey, the tracks are fine.
LOWNDES SQUARE-CHINTZ-LAD'S GLADIATOR
6. TIMELESS TREASURE has a whipless jockey which ia a disadvantage. FLAMING LAMBHORGINI is a keen finisher despite the distance, can win as the opposition is suspect. MY FRIEND PAUL is best on handicap but has not run for a long time. STAR ASSEMBLY from a poorly performing team is at low weights, should get beaten.
FLAMING LAMBHORGINI-STAR ASSEMBLY
7. JOHN BOLT has a weak rider. FLIP YOUR DESTINY was an easy winner. DIVINE STRIKE can better the last effort, the jockey is very mediocre. SUPER SPECTACLE has come down and can upset.
DIVINE STRIKE-JOHN BOLT-SUPER SPECTACLE
8. REGAL RANSOM can win if not quoted as a favorite,has looked good in tracks. REFUSE TO BEND may run well over the pet trip. BORN BEAUTY is a front runner with a try jockey. ECUADOR has been waited with by the trainer who is sleeping off the season.
REGAL RANSOM-BORN BEAUTY-ECUADOR
DAYS BEST=====CLEAR MANDATE
DOUBLE-------YAMAS X LOWNDES SQUARE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:07 PM
1. KALINGA STAR belongs to a small time trainer who will fancy his chances today as the horse has won at this distance before carrying 60 kgs, the latest gallop was encouraging. STAR INVITATION is a costly purchase gone awry case, the horse lost on the post in last run, can not get a weaker field than this one with the inform allowance jockey to boot him. URUJ is running after long, has been well prepared.
STAR INVITATION-KALINGA STAR
2. ILLUSTRIOUS is the only winner here so far, has tracked very well. AWARENESS is half brother to much improved EL TROPICO, has been stretched in works. ENDLESS HORIZON is full brother to good type SEA PRINCESS, has come to hand after the last run.
3. FIREVAULT and LIVING THE DREAM run for the 5th time in the season, may be fancied for place. SNOW QUEEN has come to hand after the last run. SUN ELEGANCE is tracking well, the distance is a bit longish for this pedigree. ARIANE is being scrubbed in works.
SNOW QUEEN-ARIANE-LIVING THE DREAM
4. DARE DEVIL may run well, can not be considered for win. MOUNTAIN WIND is full brother to speedy SChOLAR and IBERIAN, looks prepared. SCARLET PIMPERNEL is tracking well. SNOW BLAZE is by the speedy Razeen mare and looks best on tracks, the gates were very impressive.
SNOW BLAZE-MOUNTAIN WIND-SCARLET PIMPERNEL
5. ICEBREAKER has class and the tracks are very good, the worry is the weights. YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL is ideal for a mile, in last run got nabbed by an old and out of form horse. ECSTATICA has impressed a lot in last run, has won over shorter distances with ease in many races, can upset the fancied ones if ridden in check.STERILITZIA has matured well as a four year old, can do well.
ECSTATICA-YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL
6. SUPREME FORCE is bred for speed, the trainer has failed to get the best out of this one, can win though as the field is weak. ALIYANA went back after leading into the straight, may be fancied on that count. HOTTIE has been tracked by this rider always, can do well now. MOONLIGHT BEAUTY gets a proper rider first time, should be involved .
SUPREME FORCE-MOONLIGHT BEAUTY-HOTTIE
7. WALKING TALL has a scope to run well, looks improved from latest gates. BLADES OF GLORY has handicap in favor. PAPER KING is down in scales, the jockey is the factor here for the gambling stables, can win on backing. MUSICAL RYTHM from a hopeless trainer is the failed favorite here.
PAPER KING-BLADES OF GLORY-WALKING TALL
DAYS BEST====STAR INVITATION
DOUBLE-------AWARENESS X PAPER KING
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 9:57 AM