The summer season takes off at Mysore and for race starved fans even the laid back racing of older horses may be some consolation against the back drop of threatening signs of uncertainties of future racing at Bangalore.
The card should be carefully studied as previous runs are no indication of what is going to be turfed out by the various trainers and the well rested animals. An interesting fact which one can see is that a fair number of horses can be termed as OCTC (owner change and trainer change). Such racers may not be performing in first run.
The wards of Rakesh and his brother Vishal are working well. Z Darashah who is obviously the best and most experienced trainer has a habit of breaking out early in a season.
Watch out for the new combination of trainer M S Qureshi with new owners Zohreh Shojafard and A Fazili. They have four runners today and all these have been worked well and should be attracting fair amount of betting today.
1. SPARK OF SYMPHONY is the youngest in the lot who has failed to deliver so far, may run well with the experienced jockey. DESTINY’S WISH is still a maiden, has been tracked. SPLENDID GLORY has come down a lot, should be tried now in this poor bunch. WHISPER VALLEY remains a maiden after his stint in tougher company at Bangalore, the runners are so poor that allow him an outside opportunity to score.
SPARK OF SYMPHONY- SPLENDID GLORY-WHISPER VALLEY
2. SECRET FURY may upset. STAMPEDE has been given gates and is impressive in tracks, The horse has yet to deliver since his relocation here couple of seasons back.. WITCH DOCTOR has raced in better company, may be tried. STERLING SPEED has age on side, the rider is poor. ROYAL LIAISON has scales in favor and the allowance jockey should be game for a win.
STAMPEDE-ROYAL LIAISON-WITCH DOCTOR
3. TINA’S TRIUMPH is a good handicapper and is showing out in trials. BLOOD STREAM had started his career well but suffered a set back, the latest works show that he is fit, should be fighting out now. ARABIAN MEMORIES impressed in gates, has been racing at Bangalore and may surprise. RASILI has a keen jockey from Delhi, the age and weights are in favor.
TINA’S TRIUMPH-BLOOD STREAM-RASILI
4. JERICHO should be in reckoning based on last effort and the jockey. MINCHU is a game horse, may run well. GREEK SHIP appeals at this handicap, the only ride of this Hyderabad based jockey be noted. TIME IS PRECIOUS has been given gates and has a decent rider. SWISS CHOCOLATE has impressed in morning tracks. HIDDEN PLEASURES has come down to striking level and can win on backing.
HIDDEN PLEASURES-SWISS CHOCOLATE –GREEK SHIP
5. LOOKING TO LEAD may find the distance a bother, no tracks also. THE WORLD IS MINE has been working well. AMAZING ONE is a game stayer. BEAUTY ON DUTY has to be in the fray after all the preparation.
THE WORLD IS MINE-BEAUTY ON DUTY-LOOKING TO LEAD
6. ALL FOR CASH ran a noteworthy 3rd in first attempt and was later given an easy ride, may upset. The brother to TIMELESS MEMORIES has breeding on his side. BLACK KNIGHT is by a speedy sire and is tracking well. INTIFADA has lots of hype after some good work outs during the last season, it would be interesting to see a produce of Inner City winning a maiden race over a scurry in first attempt. MYSTIC ENCHANTERESS is full sister to OHIYESA and the gates were speedy.
ALL FOR CASH-INTIFADA-MYSTIC ENCHANTRESS
7. PLACE HER WELL is down in class and is working well. RED DAWN has been a big disappointment, it has not delivered despite some serious attempts. REGENT’S PAERK is tracking well. PRINCESS NERO goes at feather weight, the jockey may pull it off for the trainer brother.
PRINCESS NERO-PLACE HER WELL-RED DAWN
8. KING ADLER has worked well. HERO’S DOMINANACE appears to have come to hand, was always on tracks last season. MAGIC WAND has been prepared well, has yet to show out. MR GENIOUS has never been on board, time has come to earn some money .
HERO’S DOMINANCE-MR GENIOUS-KING ADLER
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:11 PM