1. ALFREDO seems to have recovered from set back, is tracking. MT TIANMEN was beaten at the post after shaping as a winner, likes win at good odds. TINOGONA is down in scales, can be trying after an easy run last time. ANCIENT TREASURE has been prepared nicely in Pune and given an outing, is likely to be backed by the connections today.MONZA is the one due for an upset.
2. GOLD BOND is from a freshman sire and the half brother to JOSHUA has been tracking nicely. MACGYVER is a weak bred who has been well prepared. WE BREAK THE RULES has to be watched for his maiden run, the full brother to WHOMAKESTHERULES has not been stretched in works. ZENON is from a well bred mare who has given a number of winners, has been tracking nicely. ZANARA is full sister to ADZUKIS and is showing out in tracks, will have a bold show .
3. NIFTY races after 11 months, has been shown mocks in Pune, is working for fitness. JOSS can fight out with the younger ones in this mile event. ZANZIBAR has won over the distance with this rider before. GLORIOUS EYES should win after the good 2nd in last run , needs decent odds.
4. SABIQ was late to finish in last run, faces youngsters again. HIS MASTERS VICE is from weak stables, ran below expectations in last run, may not like extra furlong. SOVEREIGNSKY fought out well in the final stages of last run, distance may suit now.NORMANDY showed some improvement in last rails run. WINTER RENNAISANCE ran a good 2nd in lower class, should be fancied again at low weights.
5. STAR COUNCILLOR concedes weight, has age on side, but has just won once and looks at a stiff handicap. TRAHERNE was a forward racer who goes over comfortable distance now. KHAYYAM has been well rested and nicely tuned up, impressed in mock and may strike. CHARGING TIGRESS has a handicap chance. MERABELLA is working well, belongs to unreliable trainer, was packed in last run.
CHARGING TIGRESS(8)/MERABELLA (9)-PLACE.
6. ALAINDAIR is the champion horse who maintains form, last win was a smashing one.MYRTLEWOOD was perhaps sacrificed at cramped odds in last run to facilitate the stable mates win, looks in good condition. B FITY TWO retains zest and could place again. AIRCO impressed in going away win, has low weights.
MYRTLEWOOD(2)/ B FIFTY TWO(7)-PLACE.
7. ABBEY had shaped up to win when beaten in the frame at the post. LADY DANEHILL can upset, can the rookie force his way in speedy crowd is the doubt? QUIXOTIC is showing pleasing tracks, ignore last run under a weak rider. MADURO is tracking well. DOUBLE NINE has a better rider now, low weights help.
DOUBLE NINE(10)/ QUIXOTIC(5)-PLACE