1. FACE OF FAITH is the best bred with the speedy maternal grandsire who has been passing on precociousness to his lines. FEARLESS TIGER is the first runner of this new sire, the tracks are good. . ASHWA PAKHEE is tracking well and looks superior to ASHWA PARWAT in works, has the stable jockey on top, the dam was a fluent winner in sprints at this very centre many years back.. CLASS N MYSTIC may run well as he impressed in gates.
ASHWA PAKHEE-FACE OF FAITH
2. POWER HOUSE has been prepared and given a run, the jockey is weak. SUCCESSFUL DREAM has run with better types last season, has the fly in jockey to deliver. ZIMZIR may run well in this very poor lot of runners.
SUCCESSFUL DREAM-POWER HOUSE
3. SUNEHRA PARINDA is definitely better than ASHWA PALLAVI who has the stable jockey and is showing out in works. May be the aim is to bring PARINDA down in handicap. RABI KOUNGA was not disgraced in a close defeat in the only run this season, the tracks are good.
RABI KOUNGA-ASHWA PALLAVI
4. LAST N IMPRESSION is working well, needs a run. ZARIN won handsomely and retains form. TAKING OVER is pleasing in works, has a bit of an edge here. RAGING FIRE may run well at bottom weights.
5. BEFORE YOU and READY TO WIN won yesterday, will try to do well again, the former was quite impressive. ASHWA PAYALLIA may run well as he is working well. TANGO who has physical problems is tracking well. SILVER SHINE is capable of finding the board with this jockey.
BEFORE YOU-TANGO-SILVER SHINE
6. DIVINE THUNDER has been given runs and now has a stronger jockey. OPTIMIST has been very well prepared and given a run, should shine with the decent rider. GANDH RAJ is going over the ideal trip. SANGREAL is looking good in tracks.
DAYS BEST=====RABI KOUNGA
DOUBLE=======SUCCESSFUL DREAM X OPTIMIST
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:30 PM
1. YOUNG ANNA is going over a sharp distance with an allowance jockey after the last disappointing run. GAMATI is a speedy aged mare who is looking very fit. TAPIS has been sharpened up well for the debut run . Remember he had won a good race at the close of the last season. BEST OF LUCK is the youngster who has been prepared and given a run.
TAPIS-BEST OF LUCK-GAMATI
2. REAL QUEEN is being brought down, no tracks yet the top jockey has been given the ride? Stable mate JUST LIKE A WOMAN is looking good on handicap, has a poor jockey though and runs for breeder owners. DAZZLING WISE is tracking well after the last comprehensive victory. ASHWA PRABHA has been a disappointment so far.
JUST LIKE A WOMAN-DAZZLINGWISE
3. TAANUSH is an aged horse who is a proven stayer, may run well in first run itself. ENYA has been the best this season and after her last run away win she looks to complete a hat trick. ZABARDAST should like this step up in distance, the tracks are good.
4. FIRE QUEEN lost in a close finish and as the field today is weaker on paper she has a chance to redeem last failure. MURBAN has a claimer jockey. FIDEL DEFENSOR may place again over this distance. ELEGANT FASHION has a claimer who has won on him before. EMPIRE MAKER has been well prepared.
FIRE QUEEN- ELEGANT FASHION- -FIDEL DEFENSOR
5. BEFORE YOU has come down in class. BARCHETTA is a game aged horse who has penalty to defy. RICH GALLERY is very well prepared and should beat this lot. BHOOMI PUTRA has a decent chance to place after the last encouraging run.
RICH GALLERY-BHOOMI PUTRA-BEFORE YOU
6. GANDH RAJ is speedy. PAINTED BOY is working well, had won under this jockey last season. JANGO should improve after the last run. PROVENCE is the youngster who may try to steal a march. PRIVATE EYE has done nothing last season and has come down by loads, may upset.
PRIVATE EYE –PROVENCE-GANDH RAJ
DOUBLE======FIRE QUEEN X RICH GALLERY
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:44 AM
HYDERABAD RACES FOR INVITATION DAY
OASIS STAR, DIEGO RIVIERA and ARABIAN KNIGHT are three contenders who will be looking forward to repeating their successes on the INVITATION DAY today. The three were worthy winners of Sprinters cup, the Super Mile cup and the Stayers Cup last year.
1. AL FATAH is a good local hopeful sprinter who has to show speed if he is to match up. BECKET is a got abroad who started his career late and after the very fine going away win has been labeled as top class by the reporters. The owner is having good season and the horse is trained by a person who is best with good types. GLORY TO DANCER was an awesome winner over 1400m in summers in a very good time, belongs to a very shady trainer. MENLO PARK is the hopeful got abroad of the local champion trainer who is working well.
BECKET-GLORY TO DANCER-AL FATAH
2. OASIS STAR has been a top performer who has been given some outstanding reviews after the last easy win against a mix lot by the track reporters. He is certainly one of the stars in Indian racing but still has to live upto the billing as he is now taking on the best of the country’s four year old sprinters. PALAZIO’S SON was the most impressive winner at Mysore who has a very fine early speed. RED ROMEO won a sprint in awesome manner in early part of Pune season and later could not concede weight, yet he appears as the main threat as he was labeled as a top classic hopeful last year and belongs to a shrewd trainer. ORIGINALITY may run an improver race.
OASIS STAR-RED ROMEO-PALAZIO’S SON
3. ARTS is a very fine sprinter who is conceding weight to a good field. BLACK DANUBE has won thrice but always over 1000m, may run well even here as he is very well bred. CAYENNE is looking very well on handicap, has a fight on hand though. TALISKER is a very mediocre bred who has been most impressive in last couple of runs, very good for place. D’ARTAGNAN has the distance and the rider against him, has enough class though.
4. CARTE BLANCHE is in very good form, the distance is ideal. EL PASO is a winner of five races and is tracking fine. SPOT ON has the best rider at lowest weights, should beat this lot.
SPOT ON-EL PASO
5. ARABIAN KNIGHT is an outright stayer but with a mediocre jockey. NOBLE PRINCE has been tuned up well, has been in good form this year. ANGELIQUE looks a bit improved in tracks. YANA has beaten the Indian Derby winner over a staying trip, has been kept keen for the day. RIYASAT has got a lot to do here irrespective of the Oaks win.
YANA-NOBLE PRINCE-ARABIAN KNIGHT
6. CORAL GABLES is the winner of 28 races and the local hopeful. DIEGO RIVIERA goes over the ideal distance looks in good nick, surprisingly the regular rider NM Narredu has been over looked. RHAPSIDON SNOW is ideal over a 1400m trip but has been winning a mile also, will try to force the pace and pull it off. DANCING DYNAMITE is the stable mate who fought out in last race and goes with a more experienced rider for the local owner to be very hopeful. This horse had impressed the most in close finishes last year at Mumbai and looks to redeem now. JUVENTUS is most improved who should be in thick of things here.
DANCING DYNAMITE-JUVENTUS-RHAPSIDON SNOW
7. ANTONIOS is the Indian Derby winner who has maintained form. AUTONOMY was in the top three horses till Derby last year, somehow the poor ride under R Hughes has put question marks on his staying ability, has the capability to win. ICEBREAKER has just one blemishing run in Oaks , has the credentials to be a main contender here.
8. MODEST BRIDE has impressed in her maiden’s win. GURUJOSH is tracking fast. LEAVE IT TO ME is a bred in purple who is yet to win a maiden race, has a declining jockey on saddle. KOHINOOR DELIGHT is well bred with a decent jockey. DEVIL GRANDMA with the foreign jockey may run well as she had run 2nd to AMAZING RAY and ONE TRACK MINDEED who both have gone ahead.
LEAVE IT TO ME – MODEST BRIDE-GURUJOSH
DAYS BEST===OASIS STAR
DOUBLE=====BECKET X DANCING DYNAMITE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:03 AM
1. MEDTIA’S PRIDE is a good sprinter who has come down in handicap, can win all the way, the rider is negative factor. AESTHETICS is a youngster who has run a fair 3rd in maidens and is working well. STEP BY STEP failed when backed, may run well. AMARANZA is a game old horse picking up feed money in all his runs.
2. NYMPH has been a disappointment so far, the rider has his work cut out. TOMMY CARMICHAEL should improve on the last run. CAN CAN has not been running as per expectations. ARISTOCRATICAL was a close 2nd who may do well now. CHARLIE PARKER can make a Charlie of them all.
3. MIDSUMMER KNIGHT has been tracked well and should show the same speed in the race. SPARKLING STROKES has been very well prepared. SPELLBINDER was given an easy ride when finishing a disinterested 3rd, has the breeding also. TRYST WITH DESTINY is showing lots of promise in tracks. ZEYETTA was well tracked before the last run, should come up now.
SPELLBINDER-MIDSUMMER KNIGHT-TRYST WITH DESTINY
4. LIVING THE DRWEAM and BLUSH are well breds who have taken time to be racing fit. TRACK THUNDER and SEA WARRIOR are going to fight for supremacy here after the close encounter in last run. PERGRINE FALCON has a place chance.
TRACK THUNDER-SEA WARRIOR-PERGRINE FALCON
5. AVEC PLAISIER ran a grand 3rd to OASIS STAR and should be supported now. SPITZ has turned out to be a top sprinter wuth the mediocre trainer. SAFARI runs after long, the tracks are good. ROMANTIC IMPACT is at low weights, the last win was labored one.
6. CIEL INDIENNE impressed in preparation, has a good jockey. MACHHIPICCHU, whatever it means has been given longish tracks and mocks, should show out. SEA WARRIOR is tracking very well. C Alford flown in for the solitary ride on FIREMISS, the logic is not clear? XISCA was not allowed to run freely in the maiden race which appeared to have been made up in favor of the big owner whose horse was allowed to win despite being in a hopeless stage at the bend.
XISCA-SEA WARRIOR-CIEL INDIENNE
7. PHENOMENALE won well and will be favored to win, the handicap is a worry. CONGRATS ran an improved race last time. NORA has been given timid runs, the horse is looking good on handicap and is due for a win. TSESEBE comes into the frame based on last run.
8. CORFU is a sparingly raced horse who has a so so jockey. MISCHEVIOUS TROT nearly won a race this season, may do it with allowance jockey. NATIVE STRATEGY has been knocking for a win. CALLING THE SHOTS was a notable finisher, should run well if not a favorite.
CALLING THE SHOTS- NATIVE STRATEGY-MISCHEVIOUS TROT
9. KALINGA STAR should improve on last 4th. MYTHICAL is a place candidate, has failed twice on betting for win. ON MY WAY was a decent 3rd and has a chance to go one better. RAJENDRA on BRIJENDRA , the last run needs to be ignored. GOLD BISCUIT has physical problems, may run well again.
PRINCE BRIJENDRA-ON MY WAY-MYTHICAL
10. HIGHLAND FLAME has a handicap jockey to benefit from the speed of the horse. CENTRE OF ATTENTION has a good chance to place again. PACEMAKER has come down in class after many easy runs, should win on backing. RED CHILLI is a speedy type with a jockey who will feel satisfied with his wins this season.
PACEMAKER-RED CHILLI-CENTRE OF ATTENTION
DOUBLE=====TRACK THUNDER X PACEMAKER
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:06 AM
1. SAIL THRU has run close to winning on number of occasions, the rider is not a winning type. ARABIAN POWER is in fighting form. MAVERICK who has disappointed his connections by failing often has an allowance jockey. GREY ISLAND has a chance to place, the jockey is weak. THE FIRST LADY showed improvement in last run and has the best jockey. Watch out for THE RIGHT MAN as he looks good on handicap, may upset.
THE FIRST LADY-THE RIGHT MAN-MAVERICK
2. HAMMERHEAD is running too soon, can not be backed for win. ANAMIKA has been thereabouts in her runs, the rookie has a chance here. REFUSE TO BEND was a close 3rd in last sprint. SEEN IT ALL is from a gambling stable, may be backed after the last second to GAME OF LOVE, the rider is mediocre. BAY DESTINY is tracking well.
ANAMIKA-HAMMERHEAD-SEEN IT ALL
3. ARBUDH had finished on well and just failed to win. PAPER KING goes over a longish trip. SUAVE MENTE is a very keen horse who may go all the way. ARIANE was a flying 2nd to DICTATOR, has a decent chance as the tracks are encouraging. BEMISAAL was a fair 3rd and has a rookie jockey for allowance.
4. ATTILA won well and is tracking pleasingly, the dam was a black type. CHANCELLOR is a well bred who has a jockey who wins in big races. LITTLE WARRIOR fooled the public and ran away when at good odds, the pedigree and rider command respect if ON .SCHOLAR ran a fighting third in a million, tracks are fast.
5. ROMMEL has been scrubbed in tracks in good company, the last run was noteworthy. THANDA is due for a win after the couple of easy rides. INDIAN SUMMER wins only at good odds, has been easy in last few runs.
6. EKHABINSKYA has been so near to winning on number of occasions, the last run was dubious. CAMEO is a fine sprinter who may repeat. STAR ATTRACTION fought out in a very tight finish, the rider has to show mettle now for a win.
7. WAHY is a good type and in top form. ASTRAL FLASH running after Bangalore Derby and in this class can not be supported. CARLOS can win all the way, take a chance.
8. ASTON MARTIN has just couple of gates this season. CLAIM TO FAME has run with better types, no tracks though? KITE RUNNER ran a good 2nd. ORION STAR was a faraway 2nd. ROSE OF TEXAS has been well prepared.
CLAIM TO FAME-KITE RUNNER-ORION STAR
9. Note the rider switch on YANKEE LANE. OUR FORTUNE was an impressive winner who has a negative rider switch. WALKING TALL is knocking for a win. FLAMING ARROW had run as a dud when favored, what can the better rider do despite a lots of track work. SEA VALUE was well backed in last run, has a chance to redeem as he is a youngster. DICTATOR has top pedigree, won easing up.
SEA VALUE-OUR FORTUNE-YANKEE LANE
10. FIRE STREAK was an amazing winner in a million and retains form. ARABIAN CHAMP has been tracking well. And is in fighting form. ROAMING FAME was a decent 2nd. FISH PILOT has handicap chance. The last run of TRIUNFO was noteworthy.
11. MASEEHA has the weights against him and HIGHLAND CROWN should win easily if he stays the trip
DOUBLE======STAR ATTRACTION X SEA VALUE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:01 AM
1. BLACK PARTRIDGE had won a race at Mumbai and is tracking very well. ASHWA SABBAL is the other one from Mumbai circuit who has never placed in life, however the fact that he ran close to the first mentioned at near level weights makes him a better contender to win now. DAZZLING POINT has won three races, he is totally out of form, the fly in jockey has a tough task.
ASHWA SABBAL-BLACK PARTRIDGE
2. HUMARIS has been prepared very well. FIRE CRACKER from Mumbai again is most impressive in trials and should win here easily. BIG RED has a chance to place.
3. QUAND MEME ran a good 2nd to KINGS POWER, the added distance may not suit. KATMAI should benefit from the last run. ZIMZIR and DAZZLING LIGHT are yet to show some early speed.
4. THE DUKES is in top form, the allowance jockey has a decent chance to win despite the top weight. SAKSHAM BABE has come down a lot. BEATRICE has got a positive jockey switch, she had won a maiden at this distance last year. POLISH BEAUTY should like the trip.
THE DUKES-BEATRICE-POLISH BEAUTY
5. SONIC BOOM has a stiff handicap. SENEGAL is a game sprinter. SHUBH SHUBH can redeem himself after the last failure as he has plenty of speed. GIN AND TONIC is catching the eye in trials, the trainer may rue the fact that he has not given the horse a run before this important race.
SHUBH SHUBH-GIN AND TONIC-SENEGAL
6. DREAM DEBUT is a fine sprinter who has a useful jockey. TRUSTED FRIEND has been very consistent in his career. REAL QUEEN ws apparently not given a clean run as a favorite, may do well with the allowance jockey now. FAURTIES is working very well and should fight out.
FAURTIES-REAL QUEEN-TRUSTED FRIEND
DAYS BEST=====THE DUKES
DOUBLE=======FIRE CRACKER X FAURTIES
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:14 PM
1. SPARKLING GOLD-LEGENDARY HERO
2. SERIOUS ATTITUDE-BARCHETTA
3. THE DUKES-DILNAWAAZ
4. SUNEHRA PARINDA-KING OF THE RING-SPLENDID MAN
5. ORIENTAL SPEED-MURBAN-NUCLEUS
6. OEF TOBA-ASSERTIVE-SUBROOS
DAYS BEST===SPARKLING GOLD
DOUBLE======SERIOUS ATTITUDE X OEF TOBA
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:35 PM
1. KOHINOOR MYSTIC-MR CHIEF-AL JOUF
2. CELTIC SHOT-MIZZNA-KING'S CRUISE
3. SMRITHIMAN-NANDAVANNA-STORMY GLADIATOR
4. COME TOGETHER-RAJVEER-ONE IN ALL
5. RAINBOW FOG-GREET WELL-ROYAL TUNE
6. GREEN MIST-MAN OF THE MOMENT-ALBERTON STAR
DAYS BEST====COME TOGETHER
DOUBLE=======RAINBOW FOG X GREEN MIST
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 9:48 AM
On the auspicious day of DEEPAVALI many happy wishes to all visitors to the blog. May the goddess of prosperity shower her blessings and good luck be with you in all your ventures.
1. TRACK WONDER-STILLATO-NIGHT LIGHT
2. TIME TO SPARKLE-SOUTH PARADE-NEW PASTURES
3. ARK'S ANGEL-ALWAYS FOR YOU-MAN UNITED
4. HANDSOME FALCON-BRIGADES PRIDE-MAJESTIC STRIDES
5. FLOWER ALLEY-LOTUS POND-SPECIAL CHARM
6. CASSANDRA-LIBERTY SPEAKS-GERSHWIN
7. ROYAL BANK-DUCKWORTH-REFRESH
8. CELTIC HEROINE-ADMIRANDA-PHENOMENAL STRIDES
9. HAIL MIKHAEL-RULE THE FASHION-CAREERIST
DAYS BEST=====FLOWER ALLEY
DOUBLE========CASSANDRA X ROYAL BANK
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:32 AM
1. KOHINOOR ADITI-A FIRE WORK-BOLD BRIGADE
2. KHALEEL'S PRIDE CHAMP FOREVER
3. MR DON-TILLCOWSCOMEHOME-HUNDRED FLOWERS
5. GLOBAL EMPEROR-BAKERSFIELD-NINJA POWER
6. CLEVER PLOY-DANZSINGH
7. ACCIACATURA-SUPER BRAND-ESSENCE
8. BOOSTER-BLUE MAGIC-TOMMY HILFIGER
9. GALLOPING GROCER-COOL BROTHER-SHIVAJI
DAYS BEST====CLEVER PLOY
DOUBLE=======KHALEEL'S PRIDE X GLOBAL EMPEROR
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:17 AM
1. REAL SPEED-FLY AGAIN
3. TIME AND AGAIN-BISMARK-MAZAN
4. RABI KOUNGA-EXOTIC STAR-GAME OF TALENT
5. ENYA-TRUSTED FRIEND-FANTASIA BURINO
6. ASHWA PRABHA-SHY BEAUTY-THE BOSS
DOUBLE=======RABI KOUNGA X ASHWA PRABHA
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:32 AM
2. FORMAL AFFAIR-HAPPY MEMORIES-KEEP GOING
3. GREY GLORY-ARRAYAL-GOLDEN IMAGE
4. VALIDATE-EARL OF WARWICK
5. ADAMARIS-DESERT DUST
6. GLAMOROUS SPIRIT-BALLANTYNE-SECRET GALLOP
DOUBLE=======FORMAL AFFAIR X ADAMARIS
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 9:48 AM
1. MAZAN has the fly in jockey from Pune and the horse has last raced in April. Being a non winner so far in his career he can not be supported even in this class here. RAWSON is a youngster who has good bloodlines but with physical problems, may run a good race. BERYL is tracking well. BARCHETTA is an aged horse who has weight advantage.
2. BUDDY BROTHERS is a speedy type baught in from Hyderabad, may run all the way under a rookie jockey. THE ROCK is a good type who certainly needs distance, he is working well. TAKE A CHANCE has been winning well for the trainer and may do so again. REAL QUEEN is at low weights and working well.
TAKE A CHANCE-BUDDY BROTHERS
3. DEGAS is going over pet distance to be in the hunt. RED CAT looks improved from the tracks. ROCKING STAR is the best horse at this centre and should win again. DREAM DEBUT has the advantage of the number of runs. SALANDRA is a speedy type.
4. SPLENDID MAN won in a tight finish, has to handle the penalty. BEYOND COMPARE is looking good in works. REAL STRONG has been tracking well, the jockey may be able to get the best out of him here. SUBROOS has been tracking well. FLY AGAIN is tracking very well.
REAL STRONG- BEYOND COMPARE-SUBROOS
5. MRIGNAYNEE won all the way, has a tough ask at these weights. JUST LIKE A WOMAN has been given soft rides, should score now. OPERA ROYALE is looking for a hat trick, the distance and class are different. ZUETINA may get on board even in this class.
JUST LIKE A WOMAN-OPERA ROYALE-ZUETINA
6. GAMATI is a speedy one with an allowance jockey to boot her. CHOICE FOR EVER is catching the eye with good tracks. SERIOUS ATTITUDE will try to hit the front and go away. SILVER SHINE is at attractive weights.
CHOICE FOR EVER-GAMATI-SERIOUS ATTITUDE
Days best====ROCKING STAR
Double======BEYOND COMPARE X CHOICE FOR EVER
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:24 AM
(A). The culmination of PUNE & MYSORE seasons in Oct marked the end of racing year 2009. The new winter season (2009-10) has started off with racing at Hyderabad, Kolkata and Pune . It is time to have a look at the performance of sires in the last racing year with respect to the produce of year 2006 who raced as juveniles in the gone- by seasons in 2008-9. The structure of racing in India is such that apart from a limited number of prestigious races for four year old & upwards, it is the three year olds who are in prominence in most classic/ black type, millions & richly endowed races. Like in most other countries the prime interest of racing is the performance of three year olds.
(B). It is also essential to review the three year old winners in view of the expectations from the new crop who are commencing their racing career as two year olds. This will provide us with some insight into the capabilities of the juveniles whose efforts will soon be keenly followed for the coming attractive races for youngsters. The focus of racing enthusiasm will shift to the new crop, specially from first time sires & the well performing sires .As far as three year olds are concerned, they have matured and the big boys have been identified in a short list of names for the winter classics at all the centers .
©. The sale of one year olds is already on in most stud farms across the country. Most of the stock actually gets sold out much before the Yearly Sales which are held in the month of February. An astute buyer of blood stock has to pay good attention to the recent performance of the sires however in our country except for few knowledgeable persons most potential owners tend to get suckered in by concocted and often irrelevant information provided by the breeders. I would also like to add here that in our country the trainers and jockeys, who get a commission from the breeders on the sly tend to act as agents for the breeders. Suffice to say the performance of the gone by years of the sires with particular reference to the immediate past year should always be a major criteria in evaluating the real value of fresh blood stock.
(D). Statistics is one sure indicator of performance. Not all sires produce Derby winners and not all buyers can hope to buy off springs of the Derby producing sires. The chance to win million race/ races at most centers is the important objective for all type of big or small buyers. A win in such an event ensures smooth and profitable recovery of investment in purchases. Winning black type and classic races is a further dream which all owners want to fulfill. Not many can get the desired results but the quest for success is a magnetic force which always lures the lovers of this sport and profession which ever way you may term it.
(E). The under mentioned list is of those sires who produced a crop of more than 10 live foals which have raced in the year 2008-09. Most interestingly there are a few big reputation sires who despite getting a fairly regular number of mares have been unable to produce even TEN winners. One of the reasons was that the number of races this year were a bit less than previous year due to the suspension of racing in the winters due to equine flu. The list does not include sires from Chennai where the concept of racing is different from rest of the country and nowadays no one is reporting on the allegedly manipulated action at the degenerated and obscure race centre.
SIRE LIVE WINNERS WINS
1. ALNASR ALWASHEEK 28 11 16
2. BEE’S PROSPECTOR 46 11 14
3. BLACK CASH 11 02 02
4. BRAVE ACT 24 09 14
5. BRAVE HUNTER 29 06 10
6. BURDEN OF PROOF 42 22 47
7. CASE LAW 31 04 06
8. CHINA VISIT 39 18 23
9. CLASSIC TALE 13 02 03
10. DIFFIDENT 38 16 22
11. DON MICHELETTO 18 06 11
12. DUJA 20 02 03
13. EL JOHAR 29 12 19
14. FLITCH 50 10 12
15. GASWAR 12 07 10
16. GLORY OF DANCER 20 06 08
17. GREENSMITH 20 05 12
18. HAMMERSTEIN 27 07 11
19. HYMN 36 07 08
20. IKHTYAR 37 04 06
21. INNER CITY 39 08 11
22. ITAQUERE POWER 09 00 00
23. JUNIPER 45 08 11
24. KLY GREEN 15 05 08
25. LIBOR 11 00 00
26. MAJOR IMPACT 19 05 07
27. MISCHEVIOUS MUSIC 13 02 02
28. MR MELLON 36 03 05
29. MUDEER 13 02 02
30. ONTARIO 67 22 35
31. PENINE RIDGE 12 01 01
32 . PLACERVILLE 70 28 44
33. PUERTO MADERO 23 04 07
34. RAZEEN 23 09 11
35. ROYAL GLADIATOR 30 09 15
36. ROYAL KINGDOM 25 03 03
37. SAN FRANSISCO 12 03 06
38. SENURE 34 04 04
39. SERIOUS SPENDER 22 03 03
40. SIR BORDEAUX 14 02 02
41. STEINBECK 17 06 14
42. TIROL 30 05 10
43 VALID CONCEPT 21 06 07
44. WARRSHAN 30 09 14
45. YOUNG SENOR 35 16 27
(F) . Out of 1265 named racers of the 3 year age group only 314, about 25 % have been able to win the minimum of a race. This criterion may not be true indicative of potential of sires but does give out a negative fact that 75% of the produce of Indian Sires does not win even one race in first 12 months of their racing time. Whereas the prime aim of all owners is to pick up at least a maiden’s race winners when buying blood stock. The equation is quite clear that the horses normally do not repay the owners in a hurry in general. Let us list the sires who achieved 40 % success and we have only seven sires which are listed below who had a crop of more than 40 % winners:-
1. BURDEN OF PROOF
2. CHINA VISIT
4. EL JOHAR
7. YOUNG SENOR
Comments-Burden Of Proof had the best crop of his life this year, over the years his produce has improved and though he has shown stamina limitations he is a top sire of the day. China Visit has been consistent, produce lacks the sting for the sire to be really considered on the classic scene. Diffident has been a top sire over the years and has performed a bit moderately lately because of the shifting to a lesser performing studs farm. El Johar has given good sprinters, has not shown staying tendencies at all. GASWAR has not been provided good mares and has been under utilized, has good speed elements in the crop. Placerville has rebounded back this year and has proved to be the most versatile sire over the years. The late Young Senor was an above average sire who has been the best performer at Hyderabad circuit for many years. He gave sprinters as well as middle distance winners and threw out some good type multi winners year after year.
(G). Now let us include those who got the average figures of 25 % and we have the under mentioned :-
1. ALNASR ALWASHEEK
2. BRAVE ACT
3. DON MICHELETTO
4. GLORY OF DANCER
7. KLY GREEN
8. MAJOR IMPACT
11. ROYAL GLADIATOR
12. SAN FRANSISCO
14. VALID CONCEPT
Comments-Al Nasr Alwasheek can be considered as a top string sire who gave classic and multi winners at all distances year after year. The lack of winners this year has been baffling; he has been covering a good number every year and has been versatile. The stock of Brave Act has improved this year and the performance can be considered satisfactory as he is a sire whose produce likes distance and a bit of purchase of the tracks. Don Micheletto from North India has been a good performer considering the number of average mares coming to the farm house from local race centre. Glory Of Dancer has matured as a good sire with years and is capable of providing winners at the big stage, the last two year’s Derby winners add to his punch. Major Impact does not give early winners and the crop comes to hand late, maturing late the crops have a tendency to show out as four year olds. Ontario has proved to be a good sire with the crop coming to hand fast and showing out very early specially in sprints. Age has caught up with the top sire over the years ,ie ; Razeen and his crop has nothing to write home about this year. Royal Gladiator is the home bred who has performed well with some good types winning at sprint or middle distances.Steinbeck has performed well lately when given fewer mares. The late Valid Concept was a tremendous loss as his premature death has taken away one of the most promising sires from North India. His crop has shown out at all distances and he had the capability to up grade the breed. Warshaan has been a very good sire who can not be matched with his elder brother Razeen but has given good crop performing at sprints and mid distances.
(H). Clearly we can see that the following sire are in the non performing category with a very poor strike rate of below 25%:-
1. BEE’S PROSPECTOR
2. BLACK CASH
3. BRAVE HUNTER
4. CASE LAW
5. CLASSIC TALE
10. INNER CITY
11. ITAQUERE POWER
14. MISCHEVIOUS MUSIC
15. MR MELLON
17. PENINE RIDGE
18. PUERTO MADERO
19. ROYAL KINGDOM
21. SERIOUS SPENDER
22. SIR BORDEAUX
Comments- Out of the 45 sires listed above exactly 50% have proved to be flops. These sires may have given good ones over the years but as of now they should be avoided by buyers at the cost labeled by their respective breeders.Black Cash was given a reduced number of mares, he gave us a tremendous first crop but was a let down there after, the produce does not like the wet track conditions. The big disappointments have been all the freshman sires ;ie, Ikhtyar, Itaquere Power, & Puerto Madero. It would be wise to watch the progress of the crop this year and one should avoid investing with their produce till they give better performance. Of the regular ones this was a big disappointing year for Juniper and one can add him to the average sires category. Mr Mellon has not delivered as expected and he is also likely to fade away as an average sire. Coming from a good stud farm Senure has been the biggest disappointment of the year. All his produce has been lapped up by the Western India owners and some of them must be cursing their luck, a very worrisome performance after the much hype of last year. Royal Kingdom has been given few mares but apart from being under utilized he is also fading out after a promising start.
(F) Some of the mentionable performers/good types/ multi winners from the sires this year are listed as follows:-
1 AL NASR ALWASHEEK--Messalina,Our Fortune, Moonflower.
2. BEE’S PROSPECTOR------Check Her Out, Ashkan, Alborado.
3. BURDEN OF PROOF------Aboline, Captivating,Cayenne, HatsuhaanaChiquelle, Tanzanite, Suchiman, Chintz, Spearhead, Rugged Beauty, Corbett,Lady Duff, Sans Pareil, Simply Phenomenal, Adriana & Smrithiman.
4. BRAVE ACT----------------Gershwin, Coorg Honey, Arabian Dancer.
5. BRAVE HUNTER----------Taking Over,Mayfair Girl,Mrignaynee
6. CASE LAW-----------------Chocolate Chip & Simple Honey.
7. CHINA VISIT---------------Hussler, Ave Maria, Sea Of Kisses, River Blossom, River Blossom, Aristocratic, .
8. CLASSIC TALE-----------Classic Charge.
9. DIFFIDENT---------------Alacrity, Bourbon Bay , Alaric & Blue Danube..
10. DON MICHELETTO----Saddler’s Glory, Rashida & Sparks..
12. EL JOHAR-----------------Scamper, King’s Cruise & Spot On..
13. FLITCH----------------------Galasheils, & Firebird.
14. GASWAR-------------------Dazzling Wise Dream Park, Estevez and Harmonica.
15. GLORY OF DANCER-----Cabriolet, Glory To Dancer, & Cruising.
16. HAMMERSTEIN-----------Talisker, Sunehra Parinda & Al Jeezan..
17. HYMN------------------------Greek Fire.
18. IKHTYAR-------------------River Blitz & Sempre Eadem.
19. INNER CITY----------------Fair Options , Lowndes Square & Missizippy.
20. JUNIPER---------------------Desdemona & Spark Of Solitaire.
21. KLY GREEN----------------Zycon.
22. LOCAL TALENT-----------Native Talent.
23. MAJOR IMPACT-----------Lone Ranger & Red Dragon.Palace Affairs, Sea Sparrow & Pythagoras.
24. MR MELLON-------------Succeeding Star, Fantastic Quest, Adamant Approach & Colourful.
25. ONTARIO-------------------Grand Rapids, Turkish Doll, Ohiyesa, Sprint Stra, Arts, Pure Magic, Scubbario, Hereafter & Rainbow Fog.
26. PLACERVILLE-----------Angel Fire, Claserville, Forest Flame, Gypsy Magic, D’artagan, River Chieftain, Special Charm, Mighty Crusader, Amazing Ray, Mystic Quest, Scholar, Vijay Famme, Red Renegade, Star Of Marmalade, Ramasses.
27. PUERTO MADERO------Vijay’s Angel & Social Climber.
28. RAZEEN--------------------Amore Mio, Vijay Siddhanth & Shades Of White.
29. REAL GLADIATOR------Aphrodisiac, Real Gladiator, Sound Of Cheers, Southern Gladiator & Cascades..
30. SAN FRANSISCO--------Beatrice, Splendid Man & Vijay Sarthi.
31. STAVROS------------------Yana Maria.
32. STEINBECK----------------Al Fatah, Enya,Davenport & Above The Line.
33. TEJANO---------------------Fleet Indian & Flower Alley.
34. TIROL------------------------Leonardo, You’re A Sensation, Mighty Prince , One Track Minded & Gallant Prince.
35. VALID CONCEPT---------Vendetta.
36. WARRSHAN---------------Sea Treasure, India Gate, Spark Of Reverence, Music Valley, River Star.
37. WHITE CROWN—--------Take A Chance.
38. YOUNG SENOR----------El Paso, Vertex, Credit Squeeze, Aston Park, Kohinoor Mystic, Glorious Bay, Chesapeake, & Ride To Glory.
FRESHMAN SIRES FOR CROP OF 2007
1. EMERALD CAT (USA), bay 2002 by Storm Cat out of Heeramandi .Winning distance 1600 metres and standing at Capricorn Stud probably as a replacement for the late Tirol. He has been provided a healthy crop of 59 mares, the grand son of Northern Dancer has a graded race winner as his dam.
2. FANTABULOUS KING ,ch 2001 by Burden Of Proof out of Imposing had won The Bangalore Derby and Karnataka Juveline Million, winning distance 1200-2000m. He stands at United Stud & has 5 foals in his first crop.
3. FOREST GAZELLE (USA) ch 1991 by Green Forest out of Nimble Feet is another unfortunate sire who died after being relocated at Dashmesh Stud as perhaps a replacement for the late Valid Concept. Winning distance 1000-1200m he had produced 41 winners in USA over nine crops. Now only 7 of his crop may race in India.
4. HURRICANE STATE (USA) CH 1994 by Miswaki out of Regal State . Winning distance 1200-1300m got only 12 foals from 5 crops with 5 winners in USA. The statistics are not encouraging and he stands at Hargobind Stud, may be as a replacement for late Local Talent. He has a crop of 44 live foals and after no success in his previous farm let us see how this grand son of Mr Prospector performs with Indian mares.
5. INHABITANT (USA), ch 2002 by Zafonic out of Infringe. Winning distance 1200-1400m. He is located at Doaba Stud to replace the fading sire Flitch and has 28 live foals in his first crop. The grand son of Gone West appears mediocre in breeding.
6. PROTÉGÉ dkb 2000 by Placerville out of Little Cindrella (USA) had won the Indian St Leger winning distance 1600-2800m. He stands at Amrit Kaur Stud & has two foals and may be in this business for a short period only as the breeding is not encouraging.
7. RAMBUS b98 by Placerville out of Lap Of Luxury had won the Grade 2 S A P oonawalla Trophy and won upto 2000m. Nothing great about this local bred who stands at Track Supreme Stud.
8. ROSMINI ch99 by Diffident out of Academy won a Gr 3 Million and won upto1400m. He stands at Dashmesh Stud and may provide some speedy types as he is likely to get better bred mares than the other local breds.
9. SUSSEX(GB) b2001 by Danehill out of Oh So Sharp was an ordinary racer who could not even win. He is standing at Badal Stud and the only thing in his favor is his fine breeding as he is from the finest son of Danzig and the dam was a champion filly who was a multi black race winner in Europe.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 3:44 PM
Pune racing conducted during the monsoon season in that part of the country has its own charm as it provides a different approach to racing in Western India. Mumbai is the prime racing centre with racing focusing on two year old juveniles and the numerous plum features for all age and classes finally terminating into the most awaited Indian Derby. Pune racing is centered around the hardened three year olds, and the regular dose of richly endowed races for all distances. The climatic conditions are different at Pune and so is the race track for the horses. The track at Mumbai is coarse and dry in comparison to the grassy and giving surface of the monsoon blanched Pune course. Some years back not all trainers and owners were very serious about the participation at this centre but over the years that feeling has changed as the money on offer for most races is equally attractive and the prospectus is filled with inviting features.
The noticeable change in approach by the professionals to racing here is also reflected in the results achieved. No more is Pune considered the graveyard of favorites, ( this was the feeling amongst punters in the eighties and nineties) , the bookies and the punters have been equally benefited as out of the 233 races held, 96 favorites obliged( 41 %) . The second favorites have scored only in 45 races with the Jodie” failing in a good amount of 92 (39 % ) races. At Mumbai last season the punters had a better fare with almost 50 % favorites obliging yet here with all the vagarities of the nature of sport we still have a pretty fair result.
3. C D KATRAK continues to dominate as the best trainer with an awesome record of favorites obliging. The punters would sure want more such trainers who in his 24 winners had 17 favorites paying up and the failed favorites being 13 only. He has also got the most horses from the best performing owner who has been purchasing cream of the thoroughbreds lately. HIGHLAND IN 2007, RIVER in 2008 and now OCEAN as the first portion of the horses names makes it easier for one to symbolize with the runners of R K Wadhawan who has nearly all the top trainers vying to train for him.. C D KATRAK remains not only the top trainer but best for the juveniles, the youngsters in his charge can be spotted as likely winners during training time itself. The only two juvenile races were at his mercy irrespective of the fact that many inter related horse were there as runners and the competitive value was not very intensive. VERSAKI proved that he was the best horse during the season by remaining undefeated and picking up the Derby. In rider Imran Chisty he has got a decent rider who has been riding as a mature jockey after having been in 2nd string for long.
4 B CHENOY As a senior trainer he has been consistent in winning the right type of races for a very few of the owners he has. 10 races won with 6 as favorites and only failing when backed . J M Mody his main owner has done very well with YANA and now AUTONOMY making him the proud owner of the Invitation Trophy. By reposing faith in Y Srinath this astute trainer has proved his maturity.
5. IMTIAZ SAIT has done fairly well this season by winning on 6 and loosing on equal number of backed ones while tallying 13 wins. The thing against him is the consistency and the fact that his horses perform well when at a decent odds only.
6. A DAJEE has benefited from being an under study to a good trainer by perhaps being the best performing on e this season. With a limited number of runners he managed to get 6 winners and all the four who ran as favorites obliged.
7. N LAGAD has very few admirers this season. Hailed for his string of successes on brought down horses season after season this year he was a sort of disappointment in not finding the mark with the same frequency. He has got 18 winners with only 3 as obliging favorites and 4 failed favorites in his tally. He continues to win races with longer odds by hoodwinking the handicapper. He blotted all the good work by the highly reported incident of his foreign jockey S Breux and SPARKLING SPIRIT affair. Immaculately dressed and neat in appearance at all times, he seems to also have a shady touch to his personality.
8. M P JODHA is a trainer with a difference as he trains most of the horses bred in his home state of Rajasthan and has riders from his clan who win at good odds also. In the 16 wins he had only 3 favorites winning and 5 failing to deliver. He is known to take his time with the horses and this gives him the leverage as the horses don’t get caught up in handicap by being hustled for effort in all earlier runs. He has got most winners in four year and above categories. It was wonderful to see him lead in the winners of the first race on a regular basis to such an extent that even knowledgeable punters started to back his first runner, specially under C Jodha with out considering any other factor. It is difficult to reason out on this sequence yet it was delightful for the winners who reaped good results by following this nonsensical racing nuance.
9. ALTAF HUSSAIN continues to be the leader in this pack with 3 favorites obliging in 7 wins. He had 11 favorites biting the dust which indicates that either he is poor in handicapping or is playing buddy with the bookies. What is intriguing is that this pattern of his was very much there during last Mumbai meet also. Avoidable trainer at all costs.
10 S K SUNDERJI had 11 winners, 6 as favorites and 12 failing ones. The number of winners looks OK but then the look at the owner of this winners confirms that the owner factor had been the key. Wadhawan’s horses have won this season with most of his trainers due to a number of reasons which are not being discussed here. The heaviest betting is on Sunderji’s favorites and yet they continue to bite the dust more often than delivering, signs of a trainer who is either not good or not clean in dealings. The worst horse who has taken down the public money in last two seasons ;ie, WESTERN CHALLENGE belongs to him.
11 H J ANTIA had a forgettable season with 3 winners all as favorites but 8 failed favorites, a bad ratio at all levels. He trains only older horses as none of his youngsters show improvement at all. He is a shoot and scoot type trainer as the horses which perform are those who win from the front mostly in sharp sprints.
12 M SHAH is the trainer who is synonymous with H N Mehta’s horses. He had 3 winners with 2 favorites obliging and 7 biting the dust. The trainer who has done a lot for his owner by working out good gambles for his betting owner has played second fiddle as the owner has now got better performing stables for his costlier purchases.
13 K GANAPATHY has won 10 races with 4 as favorites and 11 as failed ones. Despite the good breeds at his disposal he has not measured upto the expectations and the overall declining effect of the MAM Brigade has also been evident in the performance of his horses here. The good point in his favor is that he appears to have had a better season than his father at Bangalore and he has given some good odds winner to the owner.
14 F ABBAS finds place in this category for failing in a big way after half the season was over. He had started off in a healthy way in monsoons but after the regulation wins what a turn around as he hardly succeeded with backed horses in the last couple of months. In a tally of 17 winners, he had 7 winning as favorites and a13 failures. He was a good performer at Mumbai last season and with a decent number of horses has to be watched in the coming season as he is on the up.
15 D TODYWALLA has 13 winners with 2 favorites and 5 failing . A second string trainer he has averaged out as such.
16. IMRAN CHISTY by the sheer fact that he has been the most consistent winner on favorites as well as the leading rider tops the list. In 24 winners, he had 14 favorites and lost on 10 only, a good record. Being the number 1 rider for the top trainer helped.
17. Y SRINATH got the maximum applauses for winning some very tough races as also his coming out on top in the big events. A most improved rider he had 14 favorites obliging and 11 failures while tallying 19 winners. The biggest gainer of his riding skills were the trainer and owner combination of B CHENOY and J MODY.
18. NEERAJ R5AWAL has played as second fiddle for far too long to the senior riders, this year he has established himself in the top few by an impressive display of jockeyship. Winner of 18 races he was successful on 3 favorites and lost on 4. Most of his winners were at good odds.
19. D S RATHORE is the one who has improved by leaps and bounds as an apprentice jockey, he has exploited the good rides fully and won on 6 favorites in his tally of 14 winners while failing on 4 only.
20. C JODHA was the wonder boy winning at good odds for the trainer at regular intervals. His wins came at good odds and in his total of 13 winners he won on 3 favorites and lost on two.
21. S RAJENDRA has been on decline, one of the reason being a bit of lack of interest by his retaining owner who is getting his horses to slide down the handicap. Rajendra has lost many friends in the betting ring as he has been riding poorly to loose on many mounts. In 13 winners he won on 9 favorites and bit the dust on 13, a bad performance from this talented rider.
22. KAMLESH is a mature rider who was back in this circuit after a couple of seasons at Hyderabad. In 12 winners he had only 5 favorites as winners and he was the bashing boy on a rather largish 13 loosing favorites, teaming up with a controversial trainer like A HUSSAIN was the main reason.
23. B PRAKASH had a reasonably mediocre season by winning only 11 races and 6 favorites obliging. The loosing ones being 11 show him in poor light. The change of strategy by his owner in not trying horses against the top breeder’s lobby as well as the tendency to go easy on public fancied horses is one of the reasons for the decline of this team.
24. SURAJ NARREDU is one of the top riders in this country now. He is riding very well and is remaining clean which is a harbinger of many more successes for him. I visualize him winning at the classic level very soon. In 10 wins as a visiting rider on ltd mounts he had 5 favorites and 4 loosing ones.
25. DASRATH SINGH had a satisfying season with 10 wins , he had no winning favorite but lost on four, winning on outsiders only.
26. M NARREDU did not even win in double figures yet he managed to loose on 10 favorites and obliged only on 5 in a tally of 9 winners. Over the years he remains one of the most tainted riders with few die hard sympathizers. A master in winning some long distance races and loosing out on sure shots.
27. S BREUX was the only regular foreign jockey who had 8 winners winning and loosing on 3 favorites each. His performance has been much discussed and it doesn’t look likely that he will reappear in this country again.
28. After many years DIFFIDENT got dethroned as the leading sire at this centre, primarily because of age and secondly due to the fact that he did not get to cross the classy mares after having been relocated to his owners farm at Yeravada. ALNASR ALWASHEEK leads the tally of winners and it was a competitive result for most of the top sires of the country. Both RAZEEN and PLACERVILLE have lesser number of winners now compared to a few years back, RAZEEN has not been given many mares and the produce of PLACERVILLE has not been as good as years back though he is covering a large number of mares.
MAJOR IMPACT--------- 13
GLORY OF DANCER-----12
BLACK CASH------------ 10
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 3:33 PM
1. WORTH A DIAMOND has a reasonably good jockey, the tracks are good , the horse has not won for very long. SECRET GIRL had veered out at the crucial juncture of last race, needs to be reconsidered. WELLINGTON may try to get on board with the try jockey. POCKET DYNAMITE is at an ideal handicap.
SECRET GIRL-WORTH A DIAMOND-POCKET DYNAMITE
2. PERSIAN ROCK comes into reckoning based on the good tracks and the fact that it beat STORM CHASER in last run. KARUMBA is a game horse for this trip. SARATOGA was a head behind SUPREME ARCH in last run, has a rookie who may get the nod. KHOKA may surprise.
3. WORTH A GOLD has a poor jockey but it ran 5th in last race behind all 3 year olds. ESTRELLA has come down by loads and the last easy place is an indicator. STORNOWAY has the best jockey in business nowadays. YOU ARE MY SENSATION has been tracking very well.
ESRELLA-WORTH A GOLD-STORNOWAY
4. FLAIR QUEEN is down a class, has enough speed to go away, the jockey is weak. RICH ROUGE needs a nod from the gambling type owner to perform. GREY HOUND is looking good in tracks. DHANUSH has come down a lot. KAR O BAR got beat by ATLANTUS who has climbed many stairs up after the two astonishingly easy wins. PHENOMENAL STRIDES has a top jockey.
FLAIR QUEEN-KAR O BAR-PHENOMENAL STRIDES
5. TOUCH OF LAND should have gained a lot after the last forward run, has poor field here. TIME SPEED is working well. HEROISM gets a last chance before retirement. MARIANELLA may run well. GRIS RAPIDE looks to have gone backwards.
TOUCH OF LAND-GRIS RAPIDE-MARIANELLA
6. AWESOME BEAUTY has been in top form. SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE has the rider repeating. KAJU RAHO has reeled off two wins in a row. EDMONDO is mostly thereabouts without winning for long. ON A ROLL has been a disappointment. EASY is at good weights and is maintaining form
7. NOBLE VIEW and WONDER SMILE appear cut above the rest, the question is on which one is the money going to roll, both impressed in last run. HENRY’S SECRET has to get better of the above mentioned duo.
WONDER SMILE-NOBLE VIEW
8. TANTRIK ran well enough before being overtaken in last run. CAYENNE has just two tracks, if the trainer is anywhere near the standard of SHARAT KUMAR whose horses win with just a solitary track in most cases then the horse has a chance. YOU’RE A LEGEND is in good form.TOP ROMANCE needs to be given this chance after flopping in last run. AMIABLE LADY had won very well, the jockey is a dampener.
TOP ROMANCE- CAYENNE-YOU’RE A LEGEND
9. CARABINERI is unreliable horse. BEAUTY DANCER has been prepared, may run well. SHISHAM impressed a lot in last run. SOUTH PARADISE has been prepared. MANTHARA may surprise.
DAYS BEST===WONDER SMILE
DOUBLE======TOUCH OF LAND X SHISHAM
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:25 PM
1. REGAL IMAGE who has placed in last two runs continues to be tracked and can place again. PRETTYYASHASHVANI has the same rider to try for a win. SON OF FORTUNE comes into picture based on the last effort and the claimer jockey, has to be tried being a 9 year old. HIGH FORTUNE has been tracking, yet to earn anything, may surprise. Note the change of rider on PEAKABOO, who has been braught down with non tryers mostly, looks good to place now. MAGICAL MANTRA is down to the bottom of scales, the tracks are good and should run on board now.
SON OF FORTUNE-PEAKABOO –HIGH FORTUNE
2. ATTATURK has raced with Bangalore types, has just one track to show, may run well.TURBANATOR has been well rested after failing as a favorite when he was given a horrible ride. YES I CAN is looking improved from the tracks, he is another failed favorite looking to redeem himself. WAZZUP DUDE is my choice as he has been braught down, tracked well and has the jockey who won on him last year. TIME TO SPARKLE is due to surprise any day, the trip is a bit long.
WAZZUP DUDE-YES I CAN-TURBANATOR
3. SNOW FRESH belongs to perhaps the worst performing trainer at Bangalore, may get a win for the hapless trainer with the best jockey. FLASHING CROWN has won before and can beat this field which is full of no hopers. DRAMATIC DANCER is under prepared, has placed at Bangalore once. MISS MEXICO is tracking well.
SMART FRESH-DRAMATIC DANCER- MISS MEXICO
4. ROYAL ARTIST has the same jockey who has been riding him into money. ARKWRIGHT is down in class, watch? LOOK ALIKE may place again. TESTEROSA has a decent jockey and can beat these mysore types. BURNING AMBITIONS is a one paced horse who can not win. AL QAMAR is much better than what he has come down to. NERMAI is looking good in works.
5. PINNAKINI had been kept under wraps before the last surprising win, the present distance may not suit. GOLDEN FLOWERS has been earning regularly, can place again. WAR HEAD is in fine form. VOICE OF INDIA has a good jockey, the distance is an issue. STAR OF EXCELLENCE is tracking very well, can win at good odds if backed by the trainer.
STAR OF EXCELLENCE-WAR HEAD-VOICE OF INDIA
6. DARE DON is poodle faking running at wrong distances etc, can surprise at the ideal distance now. FOREVER MARK was an impressive winner who should repeat, the stable appears to have lost direction and faith in last couple of weeks. ATLANTUS has the handicap against him after two speedy wins. HILL OF GRACE ran pathetically in last run, what were the intentions will be clear today, has a chance in this poor lot. UNDUE has been handled badly by this small time trainer, last run was poor, now goes in higher class at low weights.
DARE DON-ATLANTUS- FOREVER MARK
7. AMBIENS is bound to be looking for some earnings before bowing out of racing. SHOT OF GOLD got caught on the post last time, will again be looking to hit the wire. WAY TO WEALTH is in form to be in contention at this distance. STORM CHASER has been given a run, can do it now as he is from Bangalore circuit.
STORM CHASER-SHOT OF GOLD-WAY TO WEALTH
8. SUPREME ARCH who placed 4th has a try jockey who is a claimer and riding well. SANDALWOOD STAR has to handle the penalty for the last win. GARA FLUID with Appu has to be involved at the pet distance. FEEL IT ENJOY IT can upset, the trainer is elusive type.
SUPREME ARCH-FEEL IT ENJOY IT-SANDAL WOOD STAR
DAYS BEST===STORM CHASER
DOUBLE=====STAR OF EXCELLENCE X SUPREME ARCH
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:10 AM
1. BLACK THUNDER is impressive in tracks. ABLE STAR is working well and has been given runs. SPICY MOVE may need this run, has a try jockey. BHOOMI PUTRA has been given mocks and impressed in gates, has a decent rider.
BHOOMI PUTRA-ABLE STAR-BLACK THUNDER
2. GAMATI has been placing consistently. FIRE QUEEN was hard ridden in last 2nd, has been prepared there after. SILVER SHINE ran below par in last run. STUBBS should try to hit the front and hope for the best.
FIRE QUEEN-STUBBS-SILVER SHINE
3. VAN DE GRAFF has not raced as expected from this Mumbai type braught ins. BLUE LAGOON is tracking well and has little to beat, the jockey is mediocre. TAMPA BAY is working well. LOPARA has won five times in his career and can run well here.
BLUE LAGOON-LOPARA-TAMPA BAY
4. ZABARDAST is in fine form and working well. FAURTIES is a good type who has not run for long. PARAMOUNT was given an easy run, should make amends today. ASHWA PADDMA is in good form to fight for honours.
5. ASHWA PRABHA was given a very lazy ride last time. SAKSHAM BABE has not won for long and is down in class. DAZZLING WISE is looking fit after a good 2nd to too good ENYA. ABSOLUT failed to deliver in Mumbai, has worked well. SUBROOS is at bottom weights.
ASHWA PRABHA-SAKSHAM BABE-DAZZLING WISE
6. THELADY IS SHADY can only be on the job if MORE THAN A WOMAN is being given a run. ZARIN is tracking well. MORE THAN A WOMAN is due but the choice of a tricky rider is questionable. KING OF THE RING is a speedy type who should be forcing the issue.
ZARIN KING OF THE RING-MORE THAN A WOMAN
DAYS BEST======FIRE QUEEN
DOUBLE========BLUE LAGOON X ASHWA PRABHA
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:44 PM
1. CHESTNUT CHARMER-PALACE AFFAIRS
2. NANO WAR-ROYAL EMBASSY
3. GOOD SPEED -YIPEE-CHINA GIRL
4. DECCAN PASSION-HARDCORE-LUCKY DAMSEL
5. ROYAL BAY-OCEAN OF PEARLS-BATWQATCH BABE
6. PRETTY FIT-AUTUMN GOLD-MADHO
DAYS BEST====CHESTNUT CHARMER
DOUBLE=======GOOD SPEED X PRETTY FIT
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:27 PM
1. ON MY WAY is well bred and can stay the distance, the tracks are fine. CAN CAN has not trained well, continues to disappoint at this handicap. SARAAH was given a poor ride, can make amends under the mature jockey. ARISTOCRATICAL has been on tracks after bleeding in early part of season. BREZHNEV is bound to lead in. ROAD TO RICHES is at bottom of scales, can earn something for the trainer who has nothing to show for in his profession.
2. ROMANTIC IMPACT has been fighting for win in all his runs. PREMIER PERCEPTION has always won over 1000m has a tough task at this distance despite the best jockey. CARLOS is now being sent over the right distance. SLIK KIT is not allowed to run to his potential by the lower grade trainer.
ROMANTIC IMPACT-CARLOS-PREMIER PERCEPTION
3. PRETTY COMMISSION has come down in class and may surprise. TITAN is bred for speed and won very well, the trainer and the rider are both illusive in their intents. Ignore the last run of PAPER KING, may run well in a sprint. ROYAL HUNTER was a goods winner who has a chance to repeat.
ROYAL HUNTER-TITAN- PAPER KING
4. APPRECIATE has come down and has tracked, can go all the way. BELLA is speedy, has a try jockey. KISS AWAY may run well despite the stiff handicap. EL BUNDUQ is a good sprinter. WILD TORRANNADO comes out better than EL BUNDUQ , looks over raced.
5. ANTONIOUS has no competition, has to travel the distance safely. CLARION CALL showed he could stay in last run. THE GIANT is living upto his name, will be leading in. RIYASAT has a decent chance to live upto the Oaks winners reputation.
6. SEA WARRIOR has been tracked well, the mocks may have helped. SUPREME EMPIRE ran a very easy race and was finishing on, if genuinely tried , should be a good thing. TRACK THUNDER is brother to SILKEN THOMAS and impressed in last effort. ARIANE caught the eye while finishing strongly in last effort.
SUPREME EMPEROR-TRACK THUNDER-ARIANE
7. ARABIAN PRIDE has come down in class, has not earned for very long. THUNDERING STAR has a controversial jockey, may be in the game. FREE SPIRIT may find the trip long. ARBUDH is bound to be interested here. LAND LORD is always a try horse for the trainer with one horse.MYTHICAL is a failed favorite and a non winner who is tracking well.
DOUBLE======ROMANTIC IMPACT X SUPREME EMPEROR
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:04 PM
1. The placement of the rider on ANYTIMEMONEY is an indicator. The horse has won only once in life under the strong urgings of McCullagh. THE REBEL is also a sprinting type but has a jockey who is yet to come to grips with handling a race horse. REFUSE TO BEND needs a level jump, he is superior to all here. CLASSIC SPIRIT has the credentials to be in the fray with the jockey/ trainer combination striking regularly in sprints of lower class. SHAKTIMAN had won twice over this distance here last year. UP NORTH may benefit from the mocks.
REFUSE TO BEND-ANYTIME MONEY-CLASSIC SPIRIT
2. YOU’RE THE TOUCH has been decently prepared, has won at these weights before. BLADE RUNNER is now going over the right distance, the trainer is a crafty old person who knows how to place the wards to deliver at good odds. FORWARD CHARGE was fighting for head all through in the last race, the rookie on top has to handle him well. SHODAAN is sitting pretty on handicap, hasn’t been able to deliver so far. HAMMERHEAD is a speedy type at low weights with a good jockey.
3. FOREST NATIVE has won a race this season, the jockey is a elusive type who can not be depended upon, what a ride he gave to the hot SPOT ON yesterday. ITS SPIRIT OF RACING and ZIPPITY ZIP are both failed favorites, the latter has a decent jockey. TOMMY CARMICHAEL has broken my heart so far, he can not be as bad as he has performed in last 10 months after having won twice for his previous owner, some of the lower rung trainers are difficult to judge. WINNING TREAT has been working well.
ZIPPITY ZIP-FOREST NATIVE -TOMMY CARMICHAEL
4. BLAZING SPECTACLE has all the chances of winning today, the owner and rider would be very cautious not to deny the horse a fair chance after the S SPIRIT fiasco last week. OPPURTUNITY has been tracing well. SILVER SANDS has put in decent work in the mornings, should run well. TORRENTIAL has taken a lot of training to get to compete, the last run was quite hopeful.
BLAZING SPECTACLE-SILVER SANDS-TORRENTIAL
5. EL TROPICO won as a good thing after a heavy wager by the betting stable, he is impressive in tracks. TEQUILLA who is the best bred won easily going all the way, the trainer is under the scanner. ATTILA has been well prepared and has weight advantage against the previous winners. DYBUCKK was given an easy ride by Narredu last time, don’t be surprised if he shows acceleration today. YANKEE WOMAN needs to be watched after she bled in last run.
6. HIGHLAND CROWN is at a back breaking weight, but he is still good to score. STAR CRUSADER has not been tried this season, he has tracked well. CAVARDOSSI won all the way with a rookie, now has penalty to bear and a worse off rookie? ROMMEL was denied a win last time as the rider was not interested in winning since the connections “doosra” was the heavily backed favorite and heading for the wire. GO GUZZI GO ran badly in last attempt.
ROMMEL-HIGHLAND CROWN-STAR CRUSADER
DAYS BEST=====BLAZING SPECTACLE
DOUBLE======TEQUILLA X ROMMEL
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 9:39 AM
1. CARTE BLANCHE-ABOVE THE LINE
2. CHIQUEELE-MAYFAIR GIRL-VIJAY’S FAMME
3. IVORY SNOW-CLASSIC ONE-STAR FAVORS
4. SMARTY PRINCE-ENGLISH INDIAN AIR BENDER
5. AVE MARIA-FLYING PHOENIX-JIA YOH JIA HO
6. SPOT ON-EL PASO-CROCODILE HUNTER
7. LONE RANGER-MUSIC VALLEY-CHESAPEAKE
8. RED RENEGADE-FLEET INDIAN-FAIR OPTION
9. FIRE BIRD-KING OF HABASHE-BERNARDO
DAYS BEST====SPOT ON
DOUBLE======CARTE BLANCHE X FIRE BIRD
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 8:30 AM
1. RAGING RIVER is a failed favorite and can not be considered for a win despite the older lot of field. MEXICAN WAVE comes into contention based on last run and the top rider. ZANGI can fight out here. STLLATO has a decent chance, has not won for some time and the distance is ideal.
MEXICAN WAVE-STILLATO-RAGING RIVER
2. INCHU has been running some leading races, the distance may help. NANO BLUE is pleasing in works. VICTORY IN MOTION is being urged for response, has not been punished during races so far. FULL STEELE is working well. FLOWER has done nothing so far, may be a gamble horse in this poor field.
MINCHU-FLOWER-VICTORY IN MOTION
3. FREE GLIDER has an outside chance, the rider is not a reliable one. SHE’S BIG has run with better lots and has not been tried for long. AZAZEL may run a forward race. ASPIRING SEVEN is fresh and may raise a winning run.
FREE GLIDER-ASPIRING SEVEN-SHE’S BIG
4. KAJU RAHO is from the main circuit who was cleverly denied to run freely all during summers and then picked up a race at good odds. PLEASURING looks in good form to repeat. , the field it beat was very mediocre. GREEK SHIP is pleasing in tracks. AMELLIA CORDELL is showing out in works and may win at good odds.
AMELLIA CORDELL-KAJU RAHO-PLEASURING
5. LAVA has a load to carry, may fizzle out despite the tough rider. IMPERIAL GATE fought and won, needs to be supported again. STONE OF DESTINY is inching his way to finding the board. ASIATICUS is unreliable. BROWN SUGAR is a game old horse.
IMPERIAL GATE-STONE OF DESTINY-BROWN SUGAR
6. PALAZZIO’S SON has been working fast, has a race on hand as he is worse off against RARE AND PRECIOUS whom he had beaten by a short head last time. DIAMOND HUNTER ran a very improved race and has enough class. BADGE OF GOLD retains form and is a very capable horse. TALISKER impressed in A P Governor’s cup finishing ahead of class I runners.
` RARE AND PRECIOUS-PALAZZIO’S SON-BADGE OF GOLD
7. NOBLE GUEST has come to hand, may surprise now. MILL FONTAINE ran a disappointing race, the tracks are good. NEED OF THE HOUR was an encouraging 3rd who has a weaker rider now. MADAME RICH comes into the frame based on last run.
NOBLE GUEST-MADAME RICH-MILL FONTAINE
8. CHAMOIN’S LEAGUE is showing out in tracks, the rider is unreliable as he into betting himself on his fancied horses. DEFINITE BELIEVE is bound to improve after the fighting win. SUPER SPEED may run well. Watch out for ZOOMING who has been braought down a lot.
DEFINITE BELIEVE-CHAMPION’S LEAGUE-SUPER SPEED
DAYS BEST====RARE AND PRECIOUS
DOUBLE======MEXICAN WAVE X IMPERIAL GATE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:49 AM