The heat is on in the capital and we come to the end of the longest season in the country. How things have not changed much here is evident from the way the schedule of racing is carried on in continuous monotony right from Jul / Aug to the end of Apr with no break whatsoever. This year however the equine flu gave a surprise break but the racing at the capital has been run very non methodically over the years by the management for reasons best known to them. The only pliable explanation which is often voiced is that there is a longish summer in the North and hence the aim is to utilize the better climatic conditions to the hilt. No thought of the hard grind on the animals is ever considered. I have seen horses running 30 to 40 times during the season. What a difference from the Western part of the country where the animals at an average run 25 times in their whole racing career.
1. SHAITAN has been running forward races and has been fancied in last couple of runs, Rajinder gives him a fair chance to finally win. PRIVATE EYE who has been tracked often ran disappointingly in last outing. SPICY MOVE may place. LAND CRUISER was a close 5th, has a good jockey. TE QUIERO has been given gates after reaching here, should be in the thick of things at this handicap here.
LAND CRUISER-TE QUIERO-SHAITAN
2. YARE had won start to finish in higher class in the winters, he has been tracked and has a better jockey. RICH GALLERY was well prepared in the tracks, he shocked at good odds as the lack of a run made the public ignore the animals chances, should run well despite the penalty. NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE is at low weights. VIRGINIA WOOLF may surprise.
NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE-RICH GALLERY-YARE
3. BLACK THUNDER and RAWSON have only outside chance to place based on their performance so far. The three serious contenders are SUBROOS who is definitely improved in last couple of runs, SARIR who is always running under the merciless stick of the riders and the late prepared SAPPHIRE who was a good 2nd in last run.
4. CUSTER has not done any thing throughout, may be able to get into money in the end as the handicap is good. GORGEOUS BLUE has been running forward races. ASHWA PRABHA was a very impressive winner who looks likely to repeat. MURBAN is a failed favorite with a weak jockey. SOLITARY MAN runs well at low weights.
ASHWA PRASBHA-SOLITARY MAN-CUSTER
5. ROMARIO is a dickey legged horse who may fight out. NUCLEUS has been prepared after having been bought down, may deliver. BERYL surprised in his last win, looks tough to repeat. FIDEL DEFENSOR is a youngster sold off by Lagad , may be running for a win in this poor company.
6. SUNEHRA PARINDA has a sunehra chance with the top jockey but it is often seen that in Delhi winners of maidens race do not normally win in class IV straightaway. FIRST N IMPRESSION has been running well up in all the outings, may place. GAME OF TALENT who was a big failure down under ran a suggestive race, still cant see it winning. SANGREAL looks better than rest on handicap.
SANGREAL-SUNEHRA PARINDA-GAME OF TALENT
7. TIME AND AGAIN is an aged horse who has been scrubbed in works. MELBA has a decent chance with the apprentice jockey to win first time in career. AFREEN has been suggestive in last couple of outings. OPERA ROYALE should like the distance if not the heat of this track.
MELBA-AFREEN-TIME AND AGAIN
DAYS BEST=====ASHWA PRABHA
DOUBLE======= SAPPHIRE & SANGREAL
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:41 PM
A repeat of last week’s racing appears to be the likely outcome of racing here. After a continuous line of favorites winning on last Saturday, Sunday was dominated by winners at longer odds. Yesterday saw 5 winners who were public fancies and the two who got beat were very nearly there. Today the card looks very intriguing, lots of small time owner/ trainers have chances to score, so blindly following money may not be a wise thing to do.
1. Antia’s ABOVE ALL has a chance to score as it was beaten by a well camouflaged better horse in last run. SOLID ROCK is the other one who has a chance to run a better race as it is knocking to run into money. SECRET AGENDA has a weak jockey after placing in last run. LADY TROOPER had won under this jockey over this distance a long time back. The aging ETERNAL FLIGHT had shocked a good couple of years back, may surprise. GREY ISLAND is the best on handicap but has not run through out the season so best to ignore for now..
ABOVE ALL-SOLID ROCK-LADY TROOPER
2. PACIFIC ZONE is capable of going start to finish under this try jockey. ARABIAN GUEST is tracking well and has a decent jockey. My choice is VARUN who belongs to a gambling stable who is showing some interest in wagering lately on brought down horses. If ridden in front VARUN who has been tracked well has a chance. The bottom weighted VICEROY was very much in demand in last run.
3. BASKERVILLE raced well in the multi million, looks in fine trim from the track. STAR ALLIANCE is full brother to NOBLE KINGDOM, the rider is disappointing. SEA QUEEN from the top stable has been promising in its runs, has a decent chance to win now with the top jockey. SI OMO NO is full brother to ARKTOUROS , has been well tracked.
4. GOLDEN KINGDOM was beaten by a superior winner in last run. CHIEFTAIN has been entrusted to a weak jockey, chances of winning at this distance are bleak. MARINE ZONE lost the last race due to a feeble ride, can make amends for that failure. RAN BANKA can win from the front, has weight advantage.
MARINE ZONE-RAN BANKA-GOLDEN KINGDOM
5. CATALYST is in forward form. FIRED UP is one of those end of the season types, the tracks are good. WAHY had been a very impressive winner in Pune, the last run should have brought him on. GATRAVAT is working well and can upset at the low weights though the rider is not strong.
6. GLOBAL SPIRIT had warmed up to thrash the field over a scurry, can win again. SLIK KIT who was pulled when running as a favorite in Pune, managed to hood wink all and won last time with the rider looking back, this small time trainer has a decent horse who can earn more money for them. ALASKA from the sleeping stables has a chance to upset. SNOWDEN failed with the high named imported riders, N RAWAL has a poor record of winning in sprints.
SLIK KIT-SNOW DEW-GLOBAL SPIRIT
7. It is a straight fight between the better bred ARISTOCRATICAL who was clinical in his last win and SMOKIN ACES who won easing up as a good type. For a chance the best stable for juveniles has got its task cut out.ARTS looks a 1000m type only.
8. A tough race to peruse, many hopefuls and handicap may be taken for a ride. On form PREMIER QUEEN has been doing well over this distance. THE RISING has a poor jockey though it has won at the highest handicap. WILD TEMPER needs a run, it will win early at Pune. NATIVE STARTEGY from Anti’s stable has been bought down and should be in betting order now. GENERALISSIMO is going to be tried. SIROCO looks capable of upsetting (if he gets out well from the starting stalls) at this handicap, the gate practice was encouraging.
NATIVE STARTEGY-SIROCO-PREMIER QUEEN
9. TSESEBE and FOREVER AMBER were both notable 2nds in their respective runs. TSESEBE looks a bit stiff handicap wise but is bred for such trips. ARBUDH has come to hand late and is likely to run a forward race. BORN SPECIAL is tracing well after placing.FORCE OF LAW was not disgraced in coming 4th to the good type TELSTAR.
FOREVER AMBER-ARBUDH-BORN SPECIAL
DAYS BEST===SNOW QUEEN
DOUBLE=====ABOVE ALL and NATIVE STRATEGY
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:37 AM
1. SOLOR was a very easy winner in its last run, it has now been entrusted to a winning type allowance jockey and may be trying to repeat for the very average trainer. CHAMBERLAIN is the most tracked horse here . The mute question is that in the last race the odds on this horse had been hammered down and those of HIGHLAND GLORY had soared. None of these ran on board though the general impression was that Grant was not ON that day. HIGHLAD GLORY is definitely better bred and has been well tracked, should be fancied by the connections now. SABA had failed in Pune as a favorite , the change of name not withstanding can not be fancied in first run here.
2. LONE MONARCH had given glimpses of forwardness in tracks, the last run under Rajendra was disappointing. SNOW QUEEN by the non winning well bred mare ITHICA looks good here based on her last run, the latest work was good. SEA ANGEL has run a bit further behind the winners, the breeding and the jockey give her an outside chance. TARA is sister to LIGHTNING CAVALARY, Narredu has been tracking her.
SNOW QUEEN-SEA ANGEL
3. A staying race with the inform MR GREEDY likely to contest with MILES AND MORE the Razeen gelding for the title. MR GREEDY had won in style and may just put it across at this distance which may be a bit short for MILES AND MORE. SKYWARDS appears to be getting into form , THRE COSMOPOLITAN is a hunch back who may run well under the competitive rider.
MR GREEDY-MILES AND MORE
4. Fillies only here and except for two ,most running for first time hence pedigree, preparation and riders are important inputs. CANDY FLOSS is bred for speed, the rider is poor. CHOTEE BEGUM who impressed in last track is sister to black type LOMBARDIA. The mock race just behind the last week winner SWAHILLI is a positive factor. Out of the Jodha couple PERGRINE FALCON has the run to credit and the rider is likely to go for a forward race. VIOLETTA is full sister to black type PERPETUITY, the breeding needs distance, the rider is not tops, the preparation is fine.
CHOTEE BEGUM-VIOLETTA-PERGERINE FALCON
5. WAR OF ATTRITION is likely to be the favorite as it had finished on wide just a bit late over a scurry. Now the foreighn jockey and a morer suitable distance give him an edge, the draw back is that he was a roarer in younger days and may choke. GOLDEN SPURS was in betting order in last run and the gates should have helped. RUBIDIUM is sparingly raced and has the capability to win from the front due to low weights. HERE COMES THE DON may surprise as the rider would be cocky aafter his good double at Delhi yesterday.
RUBIDIUM-WAR OF ATTRITION-GOLDEN SPURS
6. It was difficult to pick as to who would be the favorite in this race, leave aside the winner prediction. POLARISER, NOTABLE RUNNER, ANYTIME MONEY and THE REBEL are all sprinting types with NOTABLE RUNNER being winner of three races, POLARIZER the most lost case, failing always. My pick here is TOP ACTION who has run with some very good horses and has been placing with higher class horses. AMARANZA has been warming up late to run into place money and may do so again at this handicap.
TOP ACTION-NOTABLE RUNNER-AMARANZA
7 Now this is a race in which no horse has credentials to win The hopeful ones are SHODAAN who has been sparingly raced and has the benefit of a mock race . ZIPPITY ZIP has run on board when not expected, the rider is doing well this season over staying trips. ES SIDER has been an expensive failure so far. MUSICAL RHYTHM , FOREST NATIVE and ARISTOCRATICAL have run close to one another with out creating any flutters. FOREST NATIVE ran suggestively in last run and may show improvement , the canny M Narredu has a job on hand to win here. Good race for having a negative bet.
FOREST NATIVE-MUSICAL RHYTHM-SHODAAN
DAYS BEST====SNOW QUEEN
DOUBLE=======CHOTEE BEGUM and TOP ACTION
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:07 AM
P S-A good number of horses who have failed to make impression at Mumbai have been finding their way to Delhi. A look back along the years confirms the belief that such horses tend to deliver here as they could not pace up in better company at the prime racing centre. Today’s card has a lots of such horses in most races.
1. The serious contenders here are ASHWA SHAURYA, who has the fly in jockey, RAWSON who has the best pedigree and CELESTIAL CAT who has taken time to come to hand. ASHWA SHAURYA nearly won in his previous runs and may be able to win from CELESTIAL CAT who is bound to improve after her inaugural run.
ASHWA SHAURYA-CELESTIAL CAT
2. Four runners here have raced in western circuit sometimes or the other. The youngest FIRE QUEEN who has been on board at Mumbai has the N Lagad 2nd string jockey on unfamiliar Delhi turf who may be able to shake off the local hopefuls. AFREEN looks the best prepared on tracks and the last run was beyond her compass distance wise.. ZUETINA was amazingly lethargic in last run after a good 2nd in her first attempt here.
3. JUST LIKE A WOMAN has been a heart-breaker by not being able to deliver in last couple of runs over her pet distances. The fact is she belongs to non gambling owner who are breeders also and was false favorite in races won by her stable mates at cozy odds. That is the way racing is at the capital. Today the top jockey rides her over an unsuitable distance and what can we assume? MIDDLEMAN has not won the whole season and may be able to deliver as he is tracking well. SOLITARY MAN was looking good on handicap in last run, the rookie jockey managed to loose his foothold in the stirrups to run him out of money on place even, today the average jockey atop is no consolation. TAPIS won very well, repeat of an aged horse is difficult in heat of Delhi.
JUST LIKE A WOMAN-SOLITARY MAN-MIDDLE MAN
4. DOON BOY from a very ordinary sire has made lots of money for his owners, he is bound to earn more in current form. ZABARDAST has raced for win in all his endeavors and even today he will be in fray with the well performing try jockey. MURBAN has been brought down, belongs to gambling type connections, looks worth it on tracks and compares very favorably vis a vis Z’DAST based on previous clash. MORE THAN A WOMAN has the handicap advantage if ridden well she can shock, but it is rare for non gambling connections to rake up doubles.
MURBAN-MORE THAN A WOMAN-ZABARDAST
5. Just a couple of months back ARGENTINA was the raging favorite and days best of many tipsters at Mumbai. Ex trainer P Shroff got her to win and was in a hurry to sell her off and now she lands at Delhi and is again likely to be favored to win because of her superior blood-lines and the weak company over a distance which none except CAVALARY BRIGADE has ever won before. Yet the question remains as to what was the hurry to sell her off, wait and watch. CAVALARY BRIGADE was himself a discard from Jodha’s stables a couple of years back, he was not "on" in last run, can deliver if ARGENTINA doesn’t like the backward track of the capital or the simmering heat for that matter. NYMPHETMINE and REAL SCOTCH may get up to be on board.
6. WILD WIND may falter at this distance. MARMARIS has been given gates, the distance looks uncomfortable. TOM’S RIVER belongs to owners based at Mysore who have registered two shock wins ( even the hapless trainer was surprised) this season, may run well. CROSSWORD can repeat if he doesn’t bolt in his customary style. TIME AND AGAIN is in some form and lower class winner MIRACLE MAKER a hopeful for shock victory. A very tricky field with no real contender, make your own choice here
MELODY MAKER-TIME AND AGAIN-MARMARIS
DAYS BEST====CAVALARY BRIGADE
DOUBLE======ASHWA SHAURYA and MURBAN
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:42 AM
1. FIRST N IMPRESSION is at a stiff handicap with a very average jockey. PAINTED BOY won well and has the allowance jockey for a repeat. SANGREAL is a bit improved, the tracks are fine. BERYL raced in front last time, may run on board in higher class.
2. JEWEL HUNT is a failed favorite who is working well, the jockey is a dampener. KOHINOOR EMPIRE ran a very encouraging 4tyh against better horses, has a very good chance. SUBROOS is improved, should be in the fray. FLY AGAIN has a place chance.
KOHINOOR EMPIRE-SUBROOS-JEWEL HUNT
3. QUEEN AMEDALE is tracking well, has a non try jockey. HERO’S POWER has been denied free runs, the jockey is known for some very blatant pull rides. ASWA PRABHA is again a candidate for place. THE PRAETORIAN has come down a lot, may be an end of the season gamble for the top stable.
THE PRAETORIAN-QUEEN AMEDALE-HERO’S POWER
4. QUALITY ASSURANCE is maintaining form. BLACK CHETAK is a very speedy type. ASHWA PANAMA is a candidate for hat-trick, has a stiff penalty to defy. REAL QUEEN has run with better types, may upset.
QUALITY ASSURANCE-ASHWA PANAMA-BLACK CHETAK
5. BISMARK is one of the end of season types, it had won under this very rider at the fag end of last years season, may do so again. AFREEN is in good form. ENDLESS STRIDES may overcome his deformities to run on board. DAZZLING LIGHT is tracking well.
6. SOLITARY MAN has been consistent, needs a stronger riderthough. DIVINE THUNDER has come down in class. LITTLE CUT is in winning form. TAPIS is catching the eye in works.
SOLITARY MAN-TAPIS-DIVINE THUNDER
DAYS BEST====KOHINOOR EMPIRE
DOUBLE======BISMARK & SOLITARY MAN
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:39 AM
1. ASHWA SHAURYA has been near to winning on a number of occasions, last 2nd was very frustrating. JULI is tracking well SAPPHIRE is a well bred who has been patiently prepared and given runs. ZARIN missed the opportunity to win in last attempt.
2. PHI has a chance in this weak field with an allowance rider. RAINBOW SHINE has been very well prepared by this rider in tracks. NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE had an easy run, appeals on handicap. RED NECK GIRL has been sharpened in mornings.
NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE-RAINBOW SHINE-PHI
3. EMPIRE MAKER has been discarded by the previous trainer after a couple of attempts at Mumbai, can not become a winner even here in first run. SPICY MOVE is tracking well. ZIMZIR ran in snatches in last run, appears to be coming to hand. DARTAGGAN has a decent chance to break the ice at the fag end of the season. MID DAY BLAZE may run well.
4. SHE’S SEXY is likely to contest the issue with the top jockey. SENEGAL has been the best sprinter in his age category, may defy the heavy impost from the handicapper. DEGAS and RED CAT may try to run in place money. SCHUBERT is fresh from Mumbai circuit who is looking good in tracks, the weights are in favor but the horse is known for loosing heart after the season's first outing.
5. ASHWA PALLAVI has been failing regularly. CAVALARY BRIGADE is in fine form and working well. REAL SCOTCH may run a bit better over this distance. SUBROOS is catching the eye in tracks. ZUETINA was a good 2nd who may relish the extra yards.
ZUETINA-REAL SCOTCH-ASHWA PALLAVI
6. JUST LIKE A WOMAN appears to have been pulled in last pathetic run as a favorite where the horse from the stronger stable connection won at lucrative odds, needs to be reconsidered over the pet distance. WINNING CHICK is the “ doosra “ from the stables with the top jockey, the distance is the issue. SONIC BOOM won as a favorite, the distance should not be a bother. THE DUKES is looking for a hat-trick
JUST LIKE A WOMAN-THE DUKES-SONIC BOOM
DOUBLE======DARTAGGAN and JUST LIKE A WOMAN
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:15 PM
1. SOLSKJAER ran on to place under a weak jockey, the present jockey has flown from Delhi just for this ride. CLAS fought out but could not overhaul KAPATHOS, deserves another chance. REFUSE TO BEND has come down a lot, may surprise. AMARANZA warmed up late in last run, has a better jockey now.
2. CRESPO was a game runner while finishing 2nd in last run, the jockey is a novice. THUNDERING STAR has to earn his hay some day, being tracked now. STUD OF GOLD is a gamble horse, has won in higher class before. MISTER FIXIT is an aged horse who is capable of a forward run.
STUD OF GOLD-CRESPO-MISTER FIXIT
3. HUGO BOSS has been well prepared, the distance is ideal. CZAR ALEXANDER has been a failure, flops when fancied. MING is game for this distance. CALL TO ARMS is in fine form, the rider is good.
HUGO BOSS-CZAR ALEXANDER
4. BLACK FALCON is well prepared. IJLAL is tracking very well. GREAT WHITE is bred for distances, he is beating ARES easily in works. TRIGANCE is by the speedy mare, can win from the front.
5. DANCING GLORY is a good horse with a trainer who is performing pathetically. RECARDO was way back at the bend but finished on with a purpose in last run, the jockey is worrisome. SWAHILLI is sparingly raced from a good mare trained by this very trainer, the preparation is suggestive. LA JOIE DE VIE ran poorly last time.
6. COURAGE UNDER FIRE is in fine form. MYSTERIOUS HEIGHTS is tracking well, has run with good horses before. FEONA has a poor jockey. SUNBURST has an outside chance with the allowance jockey. DANCING BELLE has been given enough runs, can deliver a surprise with this try apprentice.
DANCING BELLE-MYSTERIUOS HEIGHTS-SUNBURST
7. ARISTOCRATIC was a good runner in VERSAKI’s maiden win, the tracks are excellent, should win. PRINCE BRIJENDRA is well bred but needs a run. RIVER BLITZ is bound to be in the fray after the last good run. ADRIANA has a task on hand, looks tough here. VENCE is bred for speed , may be tried in first run.
8. DIEGO RIVIERA has beaten most runners here giving weight convincingly except YANA who is a beaten favorite this season. YANA has been prepared well and can beat D RIVIERA who is best over a mile or so.COTSWOLD ARMS from the same trainer cum owner has run close to D RIVIERA on a couple of occasions, if fixed like the trend is with M Narredu he can continue to drown the public fancies by some old ploy like receiving a bad check or firing too early in the straight. MASEEHA has been a money spinner for the game owner.
9. STEP BY STEP placed for first time, has an allowance jockey for a try. RESILIENCE belonging to the small time trainer has been denied winning opportunity in last two runs, if odds are good she should win well. UP NORTH was whipped but could not win, may be in the fray. WINGS OF ANGELS and MUSTANG SALLY have come down a lot.
WINGS OF ANGELS-RESILIENCE-STEP BY STEP
DOUBLE======TRIGANCE and YANA
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:22 AM
1. DESDEMONA is full sister to SAFARI, this decently bred has raced in bigger company, looks good here. IBIS is well prepared sister to TULLAMORE, the rider is not doing any justice to his experience nowadays. LUSTY is sister to WAR CHILD, she is being urged in tracks. POUND FOOLISH, a poorly named speedy pedigreed horse has been bought in foal , why he has not been tracked? It is rather confusing when the trainers send out their horses with no evident tracks, the gate practice was fair but the true potential is not known.
2. BALANCE DE POWER was in reckoning in last run, it has been sent for gallops, the rider is ordinary, the horse has often been fancied but not won in last three years. ROCOCO had run 2nd in Indian 2000G in 2007. Though out of form it ran well enough last time, may deliver under the hard riding jockey. ARKHOS has been racing just about thereabouts, may improve.
ROCOCO-BALANCE DE POWER
3. A straight contest between the two- SEA TREASURE ran 2nd to the good sprinter FOREST FLAIR and has been continuously tracking, the dam was a speedy type. BLUE DANUBE won the last sprint in good time a long way from home, this full sister to MONOPOLY has to progress, but the will to win is not evident in the preparation. CHECK HER OUT is showing out in tracks.
SEA TREASURE-BLUE DANUBE
4. GUNS N ROSES is brother to BARBARA, the last track was extremely smart. TORA BORA is by the highly rated sire who has given us VERSAKI the top juvenile so far, he looks a cut above the rest as the tracks are very pleasing. MOON FLOWER has an ordinary jockey but it ran a decent race against RIDING FANTASY last time. RIDING FANTASY has a good jockey after the last eye catching run when not in odds.
TORA BORA-RIDING FANTASY-GUNS N ROSES
5. MARINE ZONE has a moderate Mysore jockey, the horse has been prepared by this non performing and "once in blue moon" type of trainer. THEODOROS comes into reckoning based on the first time run on board, the jockey has a tough job on hand as some runners are hiding true potential. SOLID ROCK has a jockey who can deliver if the desire to do so is there, the horse was knocking for a win at Pune. BRAVE ACT has a positive jockey switch.
SOLID ROCK-THEODOROS-MARINE ZONE
6. HIGHLAND BOUNTY won as a good thing from the front, may do it again. MOONSTORM is in good form, this younger brother to HEIFITZ is speedy. PACEMAKER has another allowance jockey this time for a runaway attempt. MASTER CRAFT has come down a lot, the number of gates and the mocks put him up for a try now though the jockey is as good as a riding boy. CLARION CALL failed as a favorite, can not be considered in this class.
MOON STORM-PACE MAKER- HIGHLAND BOUNTY
7. DAFFODILS is held back for a surprise, it has capabilities to upset. HIDDEN DANGER is a front runner. POLARISER has again been shifted to a new trainer, the horse remains an enigma. GLORIOUS SPIRIT was a fast finisher in EXCELLENT STORY’S race, the good jockey can deliver now. ANAMIKA is at low weights.
GLORIOUS SPIRIT-DAFFODILS-HIDDEN DANGER
DAYS BEST===TORA BORA
DOUBLE=====DESDEMONA and GLORIOUS SPIRIT
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:58 AM
1. BERYL placed for first time in career and has been entrusted to a good fly in jockey, should be in thick of things. SHAITAN has been in betting order recently, it is due for a win at this handicap. The other fly-in jockey gets to ride ASHWA PRAGYA who is coming to hands. NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE has been tracking very regularly.
2. SUPREME SUCCESS is tracking fine, the aged horse is keen even now. WINNING CHICK looks good on handicap, the rider is good. SHE’S A MELODY ran in snatches to place, may grace the board. FANTASIO BURINO with the good jockey is bound to be in the fray after the last win.
WINNING CHICK-FANTASIO BURINO-SWEEPING SUCCESS
3. DOON BOY is in amazing form, can go for hat-trick as the field is weak. ASHWA PANAMA is better bred here whop retains form after an easy win. FEARLESS NEGOTIATOR flopped in last run, has low weights to carry. THISLADYISSHADY may live upto her name.
ASHWA PANAMA-DOON BOY-FEARLESS NEGOTIATOR
4. REAL QUEEN was not tried in last run against stalemate, has handicap in favor. TAKE A CHANCE has been a money earner for the trainer cum owner this season. SUN DANCER should run well at this distance, no tracks lately? JUST LIKE A WOMAN is my liking for this race as she has not yet been given the signal to win by the trainer who does not give priority to horses belonging to the other owner cum breeders.
JUST LIKE A WOMAN-TAKE A CHANCE-REAL QUEEN
5. What an irony that there is a pitiable shortage of good youngsters at this centre and the only good type keeps reeling in millions. ROCKING STAR is going to fetch this prestigious cup (after having won four millions) for his connections today. He is so superior to the whole field that if I were to offer odds it would be the most miserly only to cater for the jockey or the horse falling down etc, the other racers are all those who were taking much more weight in the previous million where the first named won long way from home with rider having eased his mount. ASHWA PRAYAG and SUNEHRA PARINDA are the closest contestants with the surprise for place could be in shape of speedy OEF TOUBA or DAYTONA BEAUTY.
ROCKING STAR-ASHWA PRAYAG-SUNEHRA PARINDA
6. ASHWA PADDMA has come to hand, should run better now. LIGHTNING BOLT is showing speed in tracks, the trainer is hopeless. NYMPHETMINE is being scrubbed in works. GANDHRAJ has a try jockey. PRIVATE EYE has been prepared and given a run.
GANDH RAJ-ASHWA PADDMA-PRIVATE EYE
DAYS BEST===ROCKING STAR
DOUBLE=====ASHWA PANAMA and JUST LIKE A WOMAN
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:55 AM
1. I am from the group of racing people who have maintained that M Narredu is one of the most over rated jockeys in our country who has been often involved in controversies for some obviously doubtful rides on strongly public fancies over the years. My fears came true once again in the Indian Derby. He continues to get patronage from the top racing owners and trainers and with alarming continuity keeps loosing when most fancied by the public.
2. SET ALIGHT was the best horse as per most pundits and commoners who are involved in any way with racing in India. After many years we have a filly that is cut above all other horses and she kept on reconfirming this faith in all her outings. The main target for the connections was obviously the most coveted title and the superbly rich purse of the Indian Derby. There were no worries about the capabilities of this top fillies who was very well prepared by one of the good trainer’s in our country and after a long time the filly was getting backable odds of half money.
3. The race got away with no hoppers like GO GUZZI GO and TELSTAR cutting up a very decent pace. The most worrying part for the followers of SET ALIGHT was that the rider decided to keep her well engaged with niggling her for 3rd place well up with the pace in this staying race whereas most other serious contenders were kept off some lengths behind and were being conserved for the final stages of the race. The filly was game and kept chasing the leader even as a serious challenger in ABS FABS ranged up along side. All knowledgeable people know that one should make the move at the appropriate time and that the Mumbai straight is grueling in staying races. ICEBREAKER had recently lost to a couple of ordinary fillies in the Indian Oaks because of this factor. The race was lost by the jockey (who has done most of his racing at this course) at the bend itself when for some inexplicable reason he decided to hit the front like apprentice jockeys do on entering the straight with the field warming up behind his mount. Even good horses can not make up for the tactical lapses and despite the capability for what would have been an exciting win by a couple of lengths, the filly was tired out only to be caught near the post by a long shot who had very few takers based on his previous record against most runners participating here. I do not think the filly did not stay like many defenders of this hopeless jockey state. The filly was done in by the basic poor judgment by the rider. I hope he got a mouthful from the connections that erred in trusting their mount to him. I am very confident she will prove this point when ridden by even a normal jockey in the Invitation Cup.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 9:02 AM
1. ELEMENTO CODE was slow off last time, early it ran 3rd to WEIZOU, the allowance jockey should try here. STRATFORD ran on board without being urged, the positive jockey switch be noted. MUSICAL RHYTHM has been prepared. ARISTOCRATICAL who finished on well under a foreign jockey is sent out with a modest rider. FOREST NATIVE is due to win any day.
FOREST NATIVE-ELEMENTO CODE-STRATFORD
2. COTSWOLD ARMS has raced with better types, has a better jockey and trainer. SECRET PILGRIM is game for this distance, it has won six races compared to five by the opponent.
3. FLAMING ACE had warmed up to win on the post, the penalty is stiff. ROCOCO has been geared up after a long hibernation period, may run well. CARLOS was a runaway shocker who got nabbed on the post, has a chance to redeem.
4. CABRIOLLET is bred in blue, the last run was educative only. SALUTE THE STAR was a good 2nd to JAQUELINE who ran well in PBMM. CAUSTIC FINALE ran well up in all runs, the tracks are good. DESERT QUEEN has been very well prepared, the mock race was indicative, the breeding commands respect. SNOW QUEEN was a notable racer in last run.
SALUTE THE STAR-CABRIOLLET-DESERT QUEEN
5. RAGE OF ANGELS surprised both the owners and the trainer in last run, both were nearly convinced to retire her. RISING HERO appears out of form. CAVARDOSSI has a handicap jockey to neutralize the impost. WESTERN CHALLENGE has been a failure so far, last time it was deliberately done, this trainer is known for first loosing on such types and then getting his way, the handicap suits the horse very well.
WESTERN CHALLENGE-RAGE OF ANGELS
6. BELLA is in fine form, the weights are a scare. FORBES LIST is a fine type. STAR ATTRACTION got piped on the post, looks to redeem as there are six horses from the same connection and he appears to be the key runner. RECARDO is the well bred with a good jockey, the last failure was a dampener.
STAR ATTRACTION-RECARDO-FORBES LIST
7. BASKERVILLE is brother to the Delhi Champion Horse BRAHAMPUTRA, the top Delhi jockey is to ride this decent colt. SAN RAFAEL is precociously bred, the tracks are good. TRIUNFO was a good 2nd. BLUMARINE was an eye catching finisher, the preparation is fine. ESTEVEZ ran like his dam who was a bullet like racer in scurries. STAR CROWNED is full sister to celebrated HAUNTING MEMORIES, the last run was suggestive.
8. Please see my post of two days back for comments on the runners
9. HYMNS TO FREEDOM has run some good forward races with top weight, the rider is strong. STEFANO won as a good thing, has an allowance jockey for try on repeat . THE TEMPEST won from way back, retains form. FLYING ARROW is the “masala horse”, it was denied to win both times it appeared on race track, the handicap favors. If the owner wins any other race before this one, the horse may shine. HIGHLAND FLAME won a methodical race in lower class.
FLYING ARROW-HIGHLAND FLAME-THE TEMPEST
10. WHIT HART LANE is one paced, can not be considered for win. CHANDELIER has an allowance jockey after last win. ELEGANTE was nabbed by FLYING SPIRIT, has an allowance jockey for change of tactics. ALEXUS is the most decently prepared horse who has a good fly –in jockey.
DAYS BEST====SET ALIGHT
DOUBLE======STAR ATTRACTION to FLYING ARROW
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:05 AM
1.CRESCENDO is the only winner horse here who has to carry the top weight, looks stiff at handicap. SOLOR finished alongside SIOUX CHIEF who has subsequently won, should be this horse every one has to beat. DEVILLITO is bred well, the canny trainer is known for not tracking his horses yet winning at better odds. NYMPH is poorly bred, does not appeal except for the enthusiastic rider. NONIOS who ran in snatches has an even worse rider than last time.
3. F NOrton gets to ride COURAGE UNDER FIRE after his return from abroad, the horse had won well in this class at this distance, can win again. GOLDEN KINGDOM has the jockey who can deliver after the hat-trick of last week. SLIK KIT ran detached in last run after being fancied?, watch this run. REAL DREAM is returning after a set back, the handicap is in favor.
COURAGE UNDER FIRE-GOLDEN KINGDOM-SLIK KIT
4. The handicapper appears to be favoring this owner’s horses, AURORA AUREALIS won at 57 Kgs in this class and has gone on to do reasonably well in terms race, no penalty for running 5th to the champion OASIS STAR , a neck behind to SPICA who won in highest class. PREMIER QUEEN is in top sprinting form, should run well. SUCCESSOR struggled to win at cramped odds after a longish lay off, may improve. IL DIVO won a sprint in good time, can not repeat in this company.
AURORA AUREALIS-PREMIER QUEEN-SUCCESSOR
5. AZUL is prepared well. BATTLE FURY was a faraway second, may place again. SMOKIN ACES has been tracked extremely well, the gates have been impressive. The well bred LYRICAL LASS was a non interested runner in inaugural run, looks good to me today. WHISPERING WILLOWS impressed in last two starts, she will be in the fray.
LYRICAL LASS-WHISPERING WILLOWS-SMOKIN ACES
6. FIRE WITHIN is tracking well. CEST BON had decimated the field in this class in maiden run, it was backed even in the 2000 Guineas, ran well up before fading out, should trounce the field. SHARP MEMORIES returned to form with last run, can place. ECSTATICA was fancied in last run but disappointed, may show out now. FIRE VAULT has a strong rider for a fighting run as the tracks are speedy.
CEST BON-FIRE VAULT-SHARP MEMORY
7. AVEC PLAISIER was an eye catching finisher, the jockey can win if kept in check initially. ESCARVOS is giving indications of some form, may place. SHYBOY is another such candidate. RED ROMEO was a disappointing runner in 2000Guineas, has a tough task here as the distance may be too sharp for this good type. SPIRITUALL could not catch up with the speedy SCHNELL, maintains form. CALL TO ARMS may run a good race.
AVEC PLAISIER-RED ROMEO-SPIRITUALL
8. FOREST FLAIR is conceding weight but has the speed and class to make a fight. TOPKAPI has moved here after a surprisingly easy win at Bangalore, the full brother to HYPERKINETIC looks good in tracks. AMORE MIO won as a good type, the rider is weak. MIGHTY CRUSADER was an awesome 4th in P B MM , this brother to STAR WAVE has got the chance to pick up this graded race after that fine show.
MIGHTY CRUSADER-FOREST FLAIR-AMORE MIO
9. CATALYST who won well has been maintaining form. GENTLE KNIGHT shaped like a winner before going down to CALLING THE SHOTS, deserves another chance. PATEK PHILLIPE is looking fitter after the last run. BUSTER is looking good in works, the mock race was good effort.
GENTLE KNIGHT-PATEK PHILLIPE-BUSTER
10. SADDLER’S RULE was trounced by FIRE CREST when running as a favorite, this horse is half brother to the celebrated stayer SADDLE UP, should improve . FLO NIGHTINGALE has come down methodically, can place. TROMOS was favored in all its runs at Pune but failed, the preparation this season is very suggestive, the dampener is the trainer who is known for non performance of such horses. MAGIC MANTRA and ORIENTAL JEWEL who ran 4th in their last runs may place.
TROMOS-SADDLER’S RULE-FLO NIGHTINGALE
LOOK GOOD==SOLOR, , LEGENDARY LASS and CEST BON
APPEAL WELL==AURORA AUREALIS and AVEC PLAISIER(Both Ways) plus MIGHTY CRUSADER
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:10 AM
INDIAN DERBY is just a couple of days away. 15 horses are participating with four of them coming in from Bangalore, surprisingly no other centre could produce a worty challenger for the top racing event.
1. SET ALIGHT is the talk horse prior to the much awaited Indian Derby on Sunday. This Razeen filly looks most likely to win the coveted event at cramped odds as she is in good condition as is apparent from the tracks, has a good breeding to stay the distance and has performed like a top horse winning all her outings so far. She is the best at ratings and the only time she had to be hard ridden was when she got the verdict in the stewards room after being piped by AUTONOMY last year in feb. The negative factor could only be is that the trainer has been tracking her far too much as she has been sent out for 15 gallops since her last win on 14 march. One more fear could be the jockey who has been most controversial rider in the country despite having some very fine wins to his name.
2. AUTONOMY is perhaps the closest challenger who has lost three races, once to RED ROMEO over 1400m, then lost in objection to SET ALIGHT last year and was beaten by FLAMING ACE in Pune while conceding weight. This Razeen gelding won the Indian 2000 Guineas after a hard ride when it appeared that perhaps he was alerted for the job a bit early as the 2nd and 3 rd placed horses gained on him in the final 100 yards. The horse is bred to stay and the trip should not be a bother. The fly in jockey is a plus factor.
3. JUVENTUS is the full younger brother to last year’s Indian Derby Winner HOTSTEPPER who has the same owner and trainer combination. The horse was a flying 3rd in the 2000 Guineas and is likely to run a good race as he is showing out in trials. The good foreign jockey has an exciting prospect to ride though it is not normal for full brothers to win the Derby’s in tandem. GLORY OF DANCER progeny likes the hard turf the dam has been most versatile in giving a couple of good sprinters apart from the Derby winner.
4. ICEBREAKER has the blemish of being beaten in the Indian Oaks by a pair of no hopers. She had performed wonderfully in the Bangalore Winter Season winning the Bangalore 1000 Guineas and Bangalore Derby comfortably. The main reason for her defeat was perhaps over racing. Add to that the over confidence of the jockey who got her to hit the front as soon as they turned for home in the long and dry Mumbai straight. S he is bound to perform better after the last humiliation.
5. ABS FABS is from the upcoming Bangalore trainer who had a wonderful winter this year. She is by the sire of the year BURDEN OF PROOF and appears to have improved with her last few runs. The travel to Kolkatta and an easy win shows that the horse acclimatizes well and is a stout performer. The blood lines are more for speed, the dam SUNNY CLIME won up to 1800m , placed 4th in President of India Gold Cup and Bangalore Oaks.
6. RED ROMEO was one of the top horses in the juvenile’s category last year. The last poor run in 2000 Guineas is a dampener. The son of STEINBECK is a good mid distance racer, over the years it has been seen that the Steinbeck crop likes a bit of cut and may not do well in drier conditions. He may only be considered as a long shot.
7. DANCING DYNAMITE has mostly been a case of so near yet so far, He was hemmed in along the rails before breaking free and giving a mighty scary time to the heavily fancied AUTONOMY in the 2000 Guineas. I personally feel that irrespective of the close verdict against AUTONOMY in last two defeats, he may not get better over the full 2400 m trip as the blood lines are not very strong.
8. ANTONIOS has always struggled against DANCING DYNAMITE and he is likely to perform that way only. FALCON CREST has impressed in both wins this season, he has staying bloodlines as the dam won the Kolkatta Derby and grand dam was a winner over Derby distance. He has tracked with SET ALIGHT but could not match strides all the way. STAR PRESENTATION and FANTASTIC QUEST are M A M’s hopefuls who have done nothing to suggest that one of them can be good enough to challenge the front line contenders here. GO GUZZI GO , TELSTAR and VEERA WANG are hopelessly placed here to
actually be in any sort of consideration.
9. RIYASAT and NORA who got into limelight in Indian Oaks where the two ran mighty race to be first and second will be interesting competitors as they stayed the trip well while finishing on. RIYASAT is well bred half brother to well performed LA HINCH who was a mid distance runner, the grand dam was PRIMA FACIE , South Indian Oaks winner who also produced the Calcutta Derby winner LEGAL STEPS. It is very difficult to visualize another stellar performance from her as I feel the last win was perhaps due to the failure of the fancied ones. NORA is more of a mid distance candidate who has run a couple of good races but looks out of depth in this field.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 6:00 PM
1. BHOOMIPUTRA has done nothing so far to be considered despite the jockey. SHATAN ran a blinder before fading out as defeated in last run, deserves to be followed. VIRGINIA WOOLF has problems, the tracks are OK. RANK OUTSIDER placed for first time in racing career in last run, may run better.
2. MIRACLE MAKER stays well on a trip, the handicap is stiff. ARCELOR has run in higher class, needs to be backed today as it has come to striking firm. SIRTICA has a try jockey at low weights.
3. SHE’S SEXY ran a good race last time, can place again. STUNNING ROSE is the bridesmaid of the Derby, looks good here. SPADE OF ACE likes this distance. GIN AND TONIC ran on after being hampered in last run, the jockey is good.
STUNNING ROSE-GIN AND TONIC
4. ASWA SHAURIYA has been running on board, the distance is ideal. BEYOND COMPARE is half brother to the good type IMAGE TO REMEMBER who gave this trainer a number of wins, the mock race has bought him on. ASMA and CELESTIAL CAT have been prepared well. OUTSTANDING ran an improved race, should be involved once again.
BEYOND COMPARE-OUTSTANDING-ASHWA SHAURYA
5. ELEGANT FASHION was a facile winner who may improve. MORE THAN A WOMAN has an allowance jockey to try for place only. THE BOSS is a speedy type with an allowance jockey for a front run. DARING LOVE is in improving form with a good jockey.
DARING LOVE-MORE THAN A WOMAN-THE BOSS
6. CHARG AWAY is a moody horse who has disappointed so far. SHE’S A MELODY can run away with this fly in upcoming jockey. ASHWA PRABHA has been waited with, may win at good odds some day. MY WILD LOVE beat a poor lot, can not be fancied now. PRIVATE EYE is working well, the jockey is poor.
SHE’S A MELODY-CHARG AWAY-PRIVATE EYE
SHOULD BET===ARCELOR and STUNNING ROSE
CAN BET====SHAITAN and DARING LOVE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:43 PM
1. PAINTED BOY who is a winner of two races in 2007 has not done much in last one year. The two mock races might have brought him on. LAND CRUISER has a chance here as he has come down in scales vis a vis AFREEN who may be the favorite based on her good 2nd in last run.
2. DIVINE HEIGHTS is in good form but looks difficult to win again. GODAVARI has been tuned for the day and should win now. SAN ALDO has run close to GODAVARI last year but the present form is poor.
3. It appears to be a straight contest between BISMARK and YOUNG ANNA. BISMARK has won over this distance twice before and goes with some preparation. YOUNG ANNA won a 1400m comfortably in winters and the added distance is ideal for this 4 year old.
4. ROCKING STAR has been a top juvenile who has thrashed all hopefuls in last four meetings. The dry conditions and the top weight may see roughing it out today. ENYA who was 2nd has a bit of favorable weight placement, the filly is bred to stay, the mute point is that the stable is same with the owners of the favorite ruling the roost. BEATRICE maintains winning form and RABI KOUNGA and DAYTONA BEAUTY look improved.
ROCKING STAR-ENYA-RABI KOUNGA
5. REAL QUEEN is the test ride for the top jockey as this mare can beat JOVIAL who is likely to be the public fancy. FUTURE CALCULATIONS has run at closer handicap and has an outside chance to topple the favorite. BLACK CHETAK is a speedy type , current form is so so.
REAL QUEEN-JOVIAL-FUTURE CALCULATIONS
6. RAPID FIRE impressed in mock race, has fine form. DOLTON POWER has the fly in jockey, this horse has been pulled more often. ASHWA PADDMA has been sharpened up well. ZUETINA needs to settle down to this track.
ASHWA PADDMA-RAPID FIRE-DOLTON POWER
BETTING APPEALS---GODAVARI Both ways,
YOUNG ANNA Place, REAL QUEEN Place and ASHWA PADDMA both ways.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:45 AM
1. The last two runs of RULE OF LAW need to be ignored, he had run some suggestive races at Pune. TATTENHOE has run better than most horses here at some point or the other, the recent form is not encouraging. ALHOMORA may run a forward race under the rookie, can not be backed for win. HIGHLAND VISION has the best jockey, the last run should have bought her on.
HIGHLAND VISION-TATTENHOE-RULE OF LAW
2. MASEEHA won very easily over a trip, has to carry a load though. DESERT DUST won warding off, has a decent chance for encore. SKYWARDS is a total stayer who is going at low weights, may upset.
3. CLASSIC STAR is in good form for a crack at hat trick. DANCING GLORY is a good type who won two impressive races last Mumbai season. ROSE BOWL is showing out in tracks, the last run needs to be ignored . PRETTY COMMISSION took down lots of confidently bet money in last run. CHIOS has the handicap edge, the jockey has a job on hand against some good ones in the field. SIERRA VISTA is very attractive in works, the last run was suggestive.
`ROSE BOWL-CLASSIC STAR-SIERRA VISTA
4. STEP BY STEP has the benefit of a gate practice after the easy run. MRS JONES is bred for speed, has a try jockey. NONIOS ran a very close race at Pune, may run well under the aging jockey. PHOSPHOR is still a flop.SECRET AFFAIR has the fly in controversial jockey.
MRS JONES-SECRET AFFAIR-NONIOS
5. CLARION CALL disappointed in last run as a favorite. ABSOLUTE REALITY appeals on the last run. STUD OF GOLD is due for a win. GAME OF POWER was an encouraging 4th. ZEN appeals on handicap.
STUD OF GOLD-ZEN-CLARION CALL
6. CLASSERVILLE comes into reckoning based on PBMM run, but it is conceding 3 kgs. CAMBRIOSSO is well bred who ran a good 2nd, has been prepared. RIVER CHIEFTAIN , half brother to STAR PRESENTATION was a good winner who is maintaining form.
7. SPITZ is a good sprinter who has improved with each run. FEET OF FLAMES has been well prepared. STAR IMPACT was a very comfortable winner who can do well again. ROMANTIC IMPACT should have won last time, unfortunately the weak rider is repeated.
FEET OF FLAMES-ROMANTIC IMPACT-SPITZ
8. CAPTIVATING is a good type winner of three races who has to contend with new and dry terrain of Mumbai , can not be backed . HARMONICA was given a loosing race and yet managed to win with a good turn of foot, has to be in the reckoning. RIVER BLOSSOM ran a forward race in PBMM, has an outside chance here. THE PEARL is the best bred, well prepared filly who veered out in last run.
9. LAGO MEDOI is at a suitable handicap for upset. PEPE JUNIOR, SPICA and SHYBOY have run close to each other in the last couple of runs, any one can get the finish earlier.
10. BOLD BABE was good 2nd, has the same jockey repeating. ADAM’S LAW was an easy winner who is well rested. FASCINATION surprised all with last win, can not be considered for repeat as the field is tough now. KAPATHOS is a speedy type, can win only if not a favorite under this canny rider. CLAS has been mock racing, may run well.
KAPATHOS-ADAM’S LAW-BOLD BABE
SHOULD BET===ROSE BOWL and THE PEARL
COULD BET====RIVER CHIEFTAIN and KAPATHOS
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:53 AM
PS-A very mediocre racing card is to be gone through with bunch of ordinary horses participating. Watch out for Antia and H N Mehta’s horses as they have a habit of winning in doubles.
1.ZIPPITY ZIP was heavily punished to get on frame in last run. PAPER KING was a hot favorite by default a couple of months back, he will win at good odds some day. AMERICAN IDOL has been very well prepared by this lower level trainer. ABOVE ALL has a strong jockey.
AMERICAN IDOL-PAPER KING-ABOVE ALL
2. GOLDEN GRACE comes into reckoning based on the easy 4th in last run. SIOUX CHIEF is a failed favorite with a full allowance jockey. BLACK PARTRIDGE was kept back in last race, can run a forward race. RESILIENCE was a flying finisher under this aged jockey last time, the connections can not be trusted to try again. DANGEROUS BELLE who has been given a run appeals on Pune runs.
DANGEROUS BELLE-SIOUX CHIEF-GOLDEN GRACE
3. HIDDEN DRAGON won a start to finish mission in last run. THE BRAVE HEART is the other aged horse who can go all the way. HEIFITZ has really come down the slide, the field is so mediocre that he won’t get it this easy again. SEPIA TONE is capable of running start to finish. ARABIAN PRIDE may run a forward race.
HEIFITZ-THE BRAVE HEART-HIDDEN DRAGON
4. BLAZING SPEED was a good 3rd who can win here. ENCOURAGEMENT held on to win in the last scurry from WAR OF ATTRITION who finished on a bit late. PACEMAKER has a try allowance jockey to go all the way.
BLAZING SPEED-PACEMAKER-WAR OF ATTRITION
5. TELSTAR is maintaining good form in works. THANDA was a good gamble after being pulled by the canny Narredu, should run well again. LIGHTNING CAVALARY is a stayer who has won at these weights before. FOREVER AMBER is at ideal handicap, the distance suits.
6. AZUL is half brother to ROSE BOWL , he has been well prepared, the mock race should have brought him on. FIRST EMPIRE is a well bred who showed out in gates, the trainer has no confidence as the rider is weak. ADRIANA has been given a couple of easy gates. PRINCE OF TROY ran a good race, should show improvement. DIVINE GRACE was notable in mock race. HEREAFTER ran a good 2nd, this well bred should win comfortably now. RIVER RULE is a place hopeful. SARDINIA is a mediocre bred who is tracking well.
HEREAFTER-PRINCE OF TROY-RIVER RULE
7. CAN CAN is a gamble horse, the last run was an improvement. JOLTEON ran a forward race. UP NORTH has been subjected to good preparation, the jockey is going to force the issue. ORIENTAL JEWEL has been kept in check, may surprise.
UP NORTH-ORIENTAL JEWEL-CAN CAN
SHOULD BET====HEREAFTER and FOREVER AMBER
CAN BET=======BLAZING SPEED
MAY BET=======AMERICAN IDOL
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:37 AM